Fly Tying
GG34

BPS $13 dollar combo

At this price, how could you go wrong? I have looked at the Dog Wood fly reel on other sites and it looks ok, but without checking it out in person, who knows? Looks like a nice combo for someone just starting out or who would just like to try fly fishing. Two reviews, one good, one not so good. You pays your money and takes your chances.

Joe

I've got two Dogwood Canyons. I love them. If you're in the market for a great, lightweight rod ... buy one or more of these!

I kind of hate myself for thinking this way, but even at this price ... I just don't need more rods lying around waiting for use.

You can’t beat that !

Never fished one of these rods just the wiggle test in the shop..They are fine for what they are.

Same with the reels just held them my hand and checked them out.

I’m so broke “I can’t afford to pay attention” right now but I think I got $15 in my pocket to buy me a beater truck rod.

I have a Bass Pro and a Cabela’s within less than an hours drive from me.

If you got one of these you must be lucky I tried 7 times to order different weights/lengths/number of units and all got refused as not available.

If you got one of these you must be lucky

330 million people in this Country. Even if they had a million rods to give away at that price ... less than 1/3 of 1% of the people in this Country alone got one. And that's assuming the people who saw it first didn't order two or more.

Hey, they are out of most sizes and styles of waders too. I was going to get a pair for Christmas. I guess I'll have to wait for Easter, now.

I ordered 2 yesterday for store pick up at $13 ea. I haven't gone to pick them up yet, but man what a steal. I'm not sure if someone had a typo, but now they are back to $99.99.

Thanks GG34 for an early Christmas present!

Edit... Now the combo has the Hobbs creek reel on the dogwood canyon rod.

Maybe they were discontinuing the older model dogwood reels..I don't know, or care.. I'll take it.

The reels are junk, but the rod actually isn't bad. Nothing too fancy of course, plastic reel seat and just bare bones looking, but they actually don't have a bad action to them. For that price you can't go wrong.

The one I used a few years ago did too, Mike. It had, I thought, very good action for a basic rod. I wanted them as grand kid rods, but was too late to that party.

I got them today. I got a 4wt 7 footer and a 5wt 8'6". I bought them as beater rods for the kids. The reel seats are metal. The reels are terrible due to the weight. They are super heavy and throw off the balance on the rod. The line isn't much to write home about either. I put my 4wt Redington zero reel on it with a decent line and it was ok. I'll throw the 5 tomorrow.

All in all it was worth $13 bucks. I wouldn't pay retail. Just my.02 cents.