Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Troutslayer101

RIO InTouch Fly Line

I know this is fly line related and not tying but wondering if any one has had the chance to use RIO InTouch Fly Line? I'm looking at purchasing RIO InTouch Trout LT. I have used the RIO Trout LT fly line and I'm happy but wondering if the RIO inTouch is worth the extra money.

I recently purchased an in touch single hand spey line in 3wt. Like it allot so far. Has a bit of memory, but could just be because it's new. Not crazy about the peach color of the head. But that's a minor detail.

I know this is fly line related and not tying but wondering if any one has had the chance to use RIO InTouch Fly Line? I'm looking at purchasing RIO InTouch Trout LT. I have used the RIO Trout LT fly line and I'm happy but wondering if the RIO inTouch is worth the extra money.

Not really. Rio makes great lines but their prices have just gotten out of hand. For the most part I just wait for discontinued sales at the end of the year these days unless it happens to be a specialty line like their switch/spey lines. YMMV.

I have been using one of rio's in touch lines for over a year and like it a lot, but I can see how it wouldn't benefit some people. The low stretch core is great for feeling takes if you're swinging or stripping a fly, and setting the hook at long distances is much easier. I also think the line has much less memory than regular fly lines, laying out straight right off the reel. I think the coating is a little stiffer, and is textured, but that helps in shooting for more distance. So I think it's worth the extra money, but I'm often making 60 to 70 foot casts and wanted a line that would lay out straight after struggling with a mono core line that coiled and curled no matter how much I stretched it.

I've been buying cheaper and dscounted line for years. After buying a new rio, airflo, and wulff line this past year I know I won't be buying cheap lines anymore. With the new coatings, cores, and especially the new tapers, a premium line will do more for you than the newest rod technology.