Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hello from NE Ohio

8 replies to this topic

#1 Springers83

Springers83

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

Hi all just signed up to the page a couple of days ago. My name is Matt and I live on the west side suburbs of Cleveland. Fairly new to Fly Tying. I have been fly fishing off and on for the past 17 years or so mostly for bass, and bluegill. Finally getting serious about it though and getting out for steelhead. looking forward to learning from everyone here on the forum.

#2 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:14 AM

Welcome from South Florida. Lots of good people to learn from on the forum.
Bimini15

#3 islander727

islander727

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

Hey!

Before moving down here (SW Florida), I lived in Lake County.  I once rented an apartment that sat on the bank of the Chagrin! 

I miss those fish.

When you inevitably get some, please post pics!!!

#4 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

Welcome to FTF
Kenduardo's Lure & FlyBuffalo, WyomingEstablished: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!" 😎

#5 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

Welcome to the site.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#6 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

Welcome you will like it here.

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#7 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:14 AM

Welcome to the forum! You will find some good folks and a wealth of information here.

I started out fly fishing and fly tying in your neck of the woods--I lived in Cleveland Heights for a year when my wife was doing an internship at the Cleveland VA hospital. Did some of my formative fly fishing in the Cleveland Metroparks, and caught my first bass on a fly on the Chagrin River.

We'd love to see pics of some of your flies and the fish you catch on them. :)

Cheers,

Bryon

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#8 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

Welcome from New England, have fun and may your thread never fray.

#9 Powershooter

Powershooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Bo Hamby

Reply to this topic