Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Wohland 's Softex Squid

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sandworm

Sandworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

I have been getting a few question about my Squid. So I'm posting these photo showing you a few different Squids in a few color and size variations. Tim

Attached Files

#2 mnorton

mnorton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

nice

[s]TIGHT LINES AND SCREEMIN REELS YEE HAW

#3 Sandworm

Sandworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

Thank you buddy. They work good for everything but Calamari . You'll need something for " Diss-Poop-Sia "
T.

#4 agn54

agn54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:52 AM

Beautiful flies as usual!  How do they cast? Those fins near the hook eye look like they might mess with the aerodynamics if there is a breeze

#5 Sandworm

Sandworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

Hi agn54. They cast great. They look kinda bulky , but the body from just behind the eyes back is hollow and really light . They don't spin if you take the time to make the fins Exactly the same on both sides by making a very accurate templet to trace out the body parts . Then when I flair the body open the fined don't have the slightest twist so it won't helicopter . It's up to you if they spin or not. If you have any issues replace the tail fins with Marabou like the last Squid photo above. Tim