Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Oak Orchard Creek

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Fatman

Fatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:53 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm originally from Medina, NY and have fished the entire length of the Oak Orchard. It's a great fishing place along the entire length. A place which is closer than Batavia is in Albion, NY and is called Dollingers. Make sure to get the one on West Avenue. The number is 585-589-6308.

A new listing never heard of them before right in Waterport which is right around the corner from the Oak is:

Captains Cove Motel, Marina & Tackle Shop. , 14339 Roosevelt Hwy, Waterport, NY 14571, (585-682-3316).

Another site which I checked :

Orleans County Tourism

Check out the fishing tabs and it will give you some ideas.

I have loved fishing that area my whole life and always try to get back whenever I can.

I know this is all long winded but Enjoy and have a great time, one warning I will give you on top of what everyone else has given you WEAR EYE PROTECTION!!!!!!!!! I know eyeware can be a pain in the ass in cold weather but no fishing is worth losing an eye over and I have seen people hooked in the eye on the Oak before and it ain't pretty.

Tight lines and wish I could be there with you all

Fatman

Just Fishing! All life is that to some extent. If we are not fishing for one thing it is another. But angling! That's just a bit different. In it we find peace and contentment and much with which to occupy our minds. May the balance of our fishing days be blessed with congenial comrades and "tight lines." Ray Bergman