Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Great Lakes region

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fly1

Fly1

another damn Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:08 AM

Some one posted some maps of Great lakes region fishing locations. It points out some of the main rivers along with species. Here's the link:
Great Lakes river fishing
If your interested I'd grab the information pretty quick it may not last long people are already complaining about the post. ph34r.gif
Download them and go to photo program and negative them to get the correct colors.

Ken cool.gif
Credit River Cane Rods
<span style='color:blue'>Ken Paterson, Streetsville, Ontario</span>

#2 Pujic

Pujic

Browns? Where?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:43 PM

Ken,

Great info. I'm sure that stuff won't last! Thanks for the post!

Canadian Fly Fisher - Canada's Leading Fly Fishing Magazine
http://www.canflyfish.com

#3 bentflyrod

bentflyrod

"BEST FREAKIN' RELATOR"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:43 PM

Thanks fly1. This is my first year flyfishing, and I knew about 80% of those rivers in Lower p. Ohio, & Penn. The others might save me a little readding time. thumbup.gif

IT'S SANTA SWAP SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 artimus

artimus

What? a fly swap?..... I'M IN!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

Ken,
Great maps, especially as a starting point for searching out new waters. In the end though, nothing beats a topo map and walking shoes.

This whole NIMBY issue is avoided here simply because this is an international audience. Could you imagine someone flaming someone for a post here on a river trip on rivers such as The Oaks, PM or Maitland? Will again thanks for this great place that we can hang out.

Art

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.
----- Unknown -----