Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Now or Never.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 artimus

artimus

What? a fly swap?..... I'M IN!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:08 AM

With the best conditions just around the corner, time to look at getting everyone together.

I believe that at last word it was going to be The Big Head in Meaford. I'll throw out the weekend end of the 20th for a date to start with. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Art
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.
----- Unknown -----

#2 Fly1

Fly1

another damn Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 06:30 PM

I always wanted to try the Big Head but I will have to confirm the date but sounds good to me

Ken cool.gif

Credit River Cane Rods
<span style='color:blue'>Ken Paterson, Streetsville, Ontario</span>

#3 artimus

artimus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:02 AM

Ken,

One of my favorite rivers. Even for the river walk, it is hard to beat. It has a lot of water, and just about every type of holding water and structure.

Art
----- Unknown -----

#4 artimus

artimus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:49 AM

Now or never......I think that meeting at Timmies would be the best way to start this day. From there a good plan would be to split guys and gear so that we have vehicles at both ends of the river (Its a LOOONNG walk). Sorry for the poor planning as planning a river trip for me goes like tise....fishing tommorrow? Yea. Meet me at the bridge at 6:30. Done. laugh.gif

If anyone needs driving directions, or motel info let me know and I will see what I can do.

Art

Attached Files

----- Unknown -----

#5 steelhead1975

steelhead1975

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:56 PM

i'm game. would you guys mind a "beginner" tagging along? i'm new to fly fishing for steelhead (but not new to fly fishing).

#6 Fly1

Fly1

another damn Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:04 AM

What time are we meeting at Timmies in Meaford?
I hit a local trib for a couple of hours this afternoon hoping for a steelhead warmup for Meaford. The water was super clear and low. There were only a few old boots swimming about but managed to go 4 for 4 on some small steel.
user posted image
Hopefully the big boys are waiting in Meaford.

Ken cool.gif
Credit River Cane Rods

#7 artimus

artimus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:12 PM

steelhead1975,

The more the merrier.

Fly1,

If we are looking at a fishing trip, 5:30. If we are looking to get together to walk a river and have some laughs, 8:00.

My thought is to meet-up, grab a Tim's and spilt up gear and cars. Park half at the exit and start at the other end. This is a fair piece of river and the walk both ways makes for a really long day. This way, we can linger at pools and runs and enjoy without having to race.

Art
----- Unknown -----

#8 Fly1

Fly1

another damn Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 09:26 PM

Hey Art since I have about a three hour drive to get there the 8:00 am time sounds a whole lot better sleep1.gif

Ken cool.gif
Credit River Cane Rods

#9 steelhead1975

steelhead1975

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:32 AM

i'm game for either time. just need to know, and i have a station wagon we can leave at one end.

#10 Pujic

Pujic

Browns? Where?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:46 AM

Morning guys! I'm still uncertain at this point as that a 4+ hour drive from Bay of Quinte country but as long as I can get away I'm game.

Canadian Fly Fisher - Canada's Leading Fly Fishing Magazine
http://www.canflyfish.com

#11 steelhead1975

steelhead1975

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:26 AM

that's crazy driving. i noticed that many of the members here are hardcore when it comes to the commute.

i am game for a car pool. if anyone is coming through toronto, let me know.

#12 artimus

artimus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:07 PM

8:00 it is. Timmie's is on the right hand side of hwy 26. You know red sign, same building that they use for all thier stores tongue.gif . We need way to "identify" ourselves. Waders and vests won't do it in this town biggrin.gif . Look for a "Canadian Fly Fisher" cap, and a Old Navy hoodie. We will be up there Friday night in Thornbury for the morning bite then heading to Meaford to meet up with you guys.

steelhead1975, Carpooling is a great idea.....I know that there is a dude in Oshawa that would be more then happy to share a ride with you wink.gif .

Any problems call me on my cell: (519)636-9931.

Art
----- Unknown -----

#13 artimus

artimus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:46 PM

Bring your slickers boys!!

Five Day

That rain that is predicted for Sat could play some Head Magic, more so if it comes late Friday night, and then tapers off early morning. Watch this river it is amazing.

Art
----- Unknown -----

#14 steelhead1975

steelhead1975

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:28 AM

so from toronto, i take 400 north to highway 26 west all the way? or is there an easier way?

#15 artimus

artimus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:32 PM

Packed, and set to go. We'll be up tomorrow night and see you guys Saturday morning at the Tim's.

Hope that no one is afraid of dogs as I'll have the big lad with me. Just a big puppy, wouldn't harm a flea.

sh1975,

That is the easiest and the fastest, 3hrs flat.

Art
----- Unknown -----