Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Any thoughts on outing destinations?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Graham

Graham

Silently keeping Steve in line

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:15 PM

Hi McFly,

Couple of years ago I dorve from DC to WNY. Drove much of the way through PA then drove north towards Bufallo, was mid summer, and I was wishing I had a fly rod. I drove for miles along a prety good sized river full of large rocks and I know it just had to be filled with quality fish. The mountain streams looked challenging. I would fly out for a PA fishing trip.

#32 J. Johnson

J. Johnson

Don't talk to me, I got a good drift!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:19 PM

McFly

sssssssshhhhhhhhhh..... wink.gif

The word "angling" is the name given to fishing by people who can not fish- Stephen Leacock

#33 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (mcfly @ Nov 12 2004, 09:59 PM)
Did I mention the best tasting beer, best looking women, and ... I could go on and on..

Yeah i rember the women i saw over there on the last trip.. sick.gif
user posted image

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#34 mcfly

mcfly

><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:02 AM

Well, every state has its ummm not so good looking women.
To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all. - Peter McWilliams

#35 MSUICEMAN

MSUICEMAN

When this baby hits 88mph...your gonna see some serious sh*t!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 11:52 AM

do i hear arkansas? biggrin.gif plus with the look of the women down here, that'll keep ya focused on the fish, LOL.

steve
He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.

#36 steelhead1975

steelhead1975

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 06:13 PM

Everyone seems to be all over the place! I'd love to go to PA, ot Florida, or NY, but my job (and girlfriend) won't let me!

Any guys in Ontario game for a more local outing?

#37 Steelheader69

Steelheader69

Lord of the bunnies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 07:56 PM

I still say, pack your bags and fly out to see me. I'll set you guys up with boats and the likes, cabin on the water, and access to tons of awesome steelheading/salmon rivers. Have a big get together. Setup a big bonfire and sit around drinking all night and trying to recoup and fish the next day. LOL.