Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Erie Steelhead Trip - Jan. 2005 - Official Signup

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#151 mcfly

mcfly

><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 08:46 PM

Amazing trip... one I'll not soon forget.

We didn't believe shoe about the deer until they showed up and the right light was missing.

Sorry to hear about the van's CV joint when I left them around 2:30 PM today Chromium, Dornug, Kieth, and Shoe were pulling the fish in one after the other. I'm sure they'll be ok. They are grown... on second thought, maybe someone better go check on them laugh.gif

Just wait till everyone gets the pictures in order and posted.
To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all. - Peter McWilliams

#152 Sippy

Sippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (mcfly @ Jan 9 2005, 08:46 PM)
They are grown...  on second thought, maybe someone better go check on them  laugh.gif

Exactly! LOl! The rumor is that the fishing was good. Do tell boys! wink.gif Maybe the van will take a week and we'll have to go pick it up next weekend. While we are down there..... ph34r.gif let's fish!

Glad you had a great time, Mcfly.

You can spend a fortune on premium feathers and it doesn't mean you'll tie a perfect fly. It just means you have the materials from a good looking chicken.

#153 mcfly

mcfly

><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:23 PM

Fishing was good? Oooh ah Yeah the fishing was good. drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif I think... smile.gif

From what I saw everyone was hooking up like a bunch of teenagers on a prom night... laugh.gif

Ok, all joking aside if I can manage after this weekend. The fishing was great on day 2, Day 1 for me it was COOOOOOLD! I think JJ got a picture of the four snowmen on four mile. Fishing should be even better tomorrow.

How long is it going to take on that CV Joint?
To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all. - Peter McWilliams

#154 JoeFish

JoeFish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:49 AM

did you skin the deer and tan the hide yet? thats alot of tying material ya know!!! tongue.gif

Joe
Formerly known as Swinks1966

#155 J. Johnson

J. Johnson

Don't talk to me, I got a good drift!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:17 PM

Yes it was a great time !
Fishing was below what I had expected. But no shortage of a good time with friends. One thing I learned. When you meet some one from this site for the very first time. It feels like a long lost friend was found. Dournug, Chromioum and Shoe it was a pleasure to have met you. I may just take you up on the trip to Michigan. Just make sure you have that venison cheese sausage and smoked Pheasant !

I must also add I earned a PHD in Proctology. I snagged the same fish 3 different times in the a$$.

What’s that Leaky.... When in doubt set the HOOK !

The word "angling" is the name given to fishing by people who can not fish- Stephen Leacock

#156 Sippy

Sippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:02 PM

McFly, looks like the van will be fixed by tomorrow. Yeah!

Swink, I was on the phone with him when he said *&^%%$& , I just hit a deer! The first words out of my mouth were, go back and get it!! I don't like to see anything go to waste. wink.gif
You can spend a fortune on premium feathers and it doesn't mean you'll tie a perfect fly. It just means you have the materials from a good looking chicken.

#157 stel

stel

Salmon bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:06 AM

This thread has been more then comical.

Wish I could have made it.

Hope everyone had a good time.

Sorry to hear about the van

(you know they are still having fun!  )

I could just imagine, lol

I must also add I earned a PHD in Proctology. I snagged the same fish 3 different times in the a$$.

What’s that Leaky.... When in doubt set the HOOK !

LMAO laugh.gif

#158 mcfly

mcfly

><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:01 AM

Sippy,

I heard that the name of the body shop and mechanic were Orvis kind of odd I thought but hey at least the van will look just as good as it did when it left. whistling1.gif

#159 Sippy

Sippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:22 PM

Lol, he told me it was called sivrO.

#160 Dornug

Dornug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:54 PM

I don't remember the real name but we need to post it for those who travel to the area or get Will to create a banner for them for future use. This guy could have bent us over knowing we were from out of town but didn't. He was a class act by providing a reasonable rate.
Fly fishing is like sex. The first time is never like you thought it would be, but you never forget it. You get better with experience. You think about it alot. You do it when ever you can until you die. You always have fun no matter what.
....JStarbrite....