Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Great news for Norwegian salmon rivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tompa

tompa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:25 AM

I fish the rivers in the county Trondelag on a regular basis. Mostly the rivers Orkla, Gaula and Stjordal.

The river organisations have started a huge project for the 2005 season. They are buying all trade fishingrights and concessions for fixed nets in the Trondheim bay, where the rivers mouth.

The forecast is an 80% increase in salmon runs througout all the rivers in the county, and thats alot!

If you have ever considered going to Norway for atlantic salmon I think now itīs the time. The season starts on june 1st and ends in august 31st.

The rivers Orkla and Gaula are considered to be the best. Orkla is a mid-size river VERY suitable for flyfishing, thatīs why itīs called "the flyfishers river". It has got lots of private beats and day-ticket beats for reasonable money.

The river Gaula is a bit bigger but has bigger runs of salmon as well. Gaula is also a tad more expensive than Orkla but still very reasonable.

If you are going there or have a general interest, contact me and I will bring you all the information I have in flies, rod use, beats, accommodation etc

Welcome

//Tompa
Iīve been waiting for my brilliance to shine through, like waiting would do.

#2 CharlieD

CharlieD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:29 AM

tompa,

I would be very interested in getting some information on your rivers. I will not be able to go this year (2005). I already have plans for going to the Gaspe. But 2006 is another year and I am interested in a new place. The catch rates on your rivers are very impressive. I heard the Gaula has an annual catch of between 9,000 and 11,000 fish. For its size this is much better than most North American Rivers. I also heard Norwegian rivers have some big fish. So yes, I would be very interested.

Charlie.
Release-em-Alive!