Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Trout in MA,RI, and southern New Hampshire?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:47 PM

Where are my best bets? I'm guessing that there's next to no where in RI and MA, but as for Souther New Hampshire, I figure there should be some servicable trout water. I'm looking for somewhere with no more than a 3 hour drive from south east mass, half way between providence and boston. Any suggestions?

#2 DFix

DFix

New and improved, guaranteed to handle 3.4 gigs of translation per minute!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:46 PM

Are you restricting yourself to rivers and streams? Check the states websites!

Right near you - Blackstone, Taunton, Palmer...Hell, I can't remember all of them - you're surrounded by decent trout water right where you are! Ipswich and Parker Rivers here on the North Shore, in three hours you can make it to the Deerfield or Westfield Rivers in Mass, and I bet if you look at the DFWELE website you'll find a bunch of places right here you can enjoy- the Squannacook, the Nissitissit, Concord and Sudbury, Wachusett Reservoir, Quabbin - look around - don't negate some of the pond fishing if you're looking for some broodstock females and such.

Farmington River in CT; Connecticut River (MA, NH, CT) - Merrimack NH, MA), Winnipesaukee, Contoocook and others in NH - take a look at the NH Fish and Game website - some great areas in the southern tier of NH. And not to leave out Rhode Island, but again, check the website- I know a guy who can't say enough about places down there - fishes the Swansea in RI, but the Swansea starts in Mass, so....

#3 DFix

DFix

New and improved, guaranteed to handle 3.4 gigs of translation per minute!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:31 AM

Jingles _ I forgot the Swift coming out of the Quabbin