Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

We're booked!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 Airhead

Airhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:11 AM

Who is bringing the spare liver 

I'm not sure, but I'm sleeping with 1 eye open. Wouldn't want to wake up in a bathtub full of ice!
Life happens!

#32 wayne SW/MO

wayne SW/MO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:44 AM

If you run out on Sunday you'll have to come to Missouri, but your choices will expand to include premium beers such as Busch, Milwaukees Best and PBR.
Taney County, Missouri

#33 J. Johnson

J. Johnson

Don't talk to me, I got a good drift!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:01 PM

Figured you guys would have a water proof mobile dialysis machine
The word "angling" is the name given to fishing by people who can not fish- Stephen Leacock

#34 ArkieFlyGuy

ArkieFlyGuy

It just doesn't get and better than Kenny G.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Sippy @ Jan 14 2005, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (ArkieFlyGuy @ Jan 14 2005, 02:01 PM)
Directions including such phrases as “turn left between the two cypress trees next to the house with the ’56 Dodge pickup body, three dogs, seven cats, and a red headed 2 year old kid with a tee shirt and no diaper on in the front yard” are not uncommon.

Ok, Chromium and Shoe, is this one sounding a little "scary" familiar? Let's add the 3 sided shed with the washer and dryer.

The three dogs were coon hound pups. bugeyes.gif help.gif

In Arkansas, dogs come in two types designated by which side of the state you are on..... SE half (where the flatlanders live) the dogs are all retrievers as in duck dogs...... in the NW (pretty part... hillbilly country... "back home" for me) half, the dogs are all coon/deer dogs. This does not include the occasional (as my dad would call them) "S#!t Eater" dogs made popular by those damn yankees that can be found in some homes taking up space. For example, AJ and Zig... the two Yorkies that occupy my residence since my fiance' moved in. wink.gif

Sippy,

If you come to a place like that again and you see a bald headed kid playing the banjo, you and your group might want to head back the way you came from.... FAST!!! scared.gif

Oh.... and to explain - the washer and dryer were in the three-sided shed as a status symbol so the neighbors around would understand that the folks livin' in that place were "high society" hillbillies. If you put them inside the house, nobody would be able to see them. lol.gif

By the way, Chomium..... "you shore gotta purty mouth....." shifty.gif

(Sung to the tune of Tom Petty's "The Waiting is the Hardest Part")
Well, I think I’ll go and rent me a movie right now;
Go and get something I ain’t never seen.
And on the discount rack, I see Deliverance,
And I’m watchin’ it now and they’ve got to that scene
Where they meet the hillbillies and they’re big and they’re mean…
And who’s that crawlin’ ‘round on his knees?
It’s Ned Beatty! (Beatty!) Ned Bea-yay-yay!
Ned Beatty had the hardest part
‘Cause redneck love leaves emotional scars.
I guess he didn’t read the script too far;
Ned Beatty had the hardest part

Wow, Wayne.... You must be rich if you can afford to buy PBR!!!! laugh.gif
TIGHT LINES, YA'LL!!!

Arkie Fly Guy's NEW AND IMPROVED website...

I'm not a fly fisherman.... But I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!!!!....

#35 trout traveler

trout traveler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:55 PM

Airhead sence you are getting together to tie for the trip i dub thee king tier for the trip.........By the way i lost my box of flies and can't get up biggrin.gif j_k.gif

Crunch time what should we be tying..HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......

tt
[/QUOTE]
Deep in the heart of every man is a longing to live as God designed.
Nowere is the freedom to do that more possible than in the wilderness and beauty of God'screations.
Fly rod in hand fish on.
URL: http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/

#36 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:47 PM

Droppin' like a rock

http://www.swl-wc.us...ots/WEB/bul.htm
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#37 Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 08:30 PM

Jeez, and I thought only high school and college kids were into the pbr and busch, looks like the great taste just keeps ya coming back down the road of life laugh.gif

cheers

Mr Jingles

#38 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:26 AM

Here's a question for you White River Rats.

With all the recent rains and almost continual generation (except for at night), I was thinking it might be a safer to bring the 17' CC. I haven't seen the new launch above the State Park. It was still under construction when we stayed there 2 years ago. Do you guys feel it would accomodate this boat? It draws a little less than a foot. I'm figuring it would make a safer fishing platform than the driftboat and will allow us to anchor without shitting our pants. laugh.gif

If by any chance they do lower the water, we have an Arkie style boat available that comes with our cabin.

Any thoughts about operating the CC between the new launch and the dam?
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#39 ArkieFlyGuy

ArkieFlyGuy

It just doesn't get and better than Kenny G.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:08 AM

Shoe,
If I were you, I'd post this over on John's forum. I'm sure Jimmy, John, and the others that live there (the forum and Mt Home... LOL) would give you a better answer. I haven't been up that far in a while myself.

Is the 17' a skiff? Personally, I'd think you'd be OK, but might want to super glue your shoes to the floor.... laugh.gif
TIGHT LINES, YA'LL!!!

Arkie Fly Guy's NEW AND IMPROVED website...

I'm not a fly fisherman.... But I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!!!!....

#40 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:34 AM

I sent Jimmy an email this morning.

Here's a pic of the boat.

user posted image

I know it might be overkill and limit us to fishing inbetween shoals during low water periods, but at 6-8 wheels it should be the cat's ass anchored. (If we find enough lead to hook it to the bottom...LOL) Down by Buffalo and White Hole we saw quite a few guys fishing in 20' bass rigs

#41 wayne SW/MO

wayne SW/MO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:38 PM

Shoe the lakes are bottoming out and we don't have any significant rain forecast. My take would be that I would rather face high water in the driftboat than low water in the 17'. I'm not sure I understand your concern, I wish now that I had kept my drift boat when I moved back home.
Here's a link that might help, if you haven't already seen it.
Lake Forecast
Taney County, Missouri

#42 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (wayne SW/MO @ Feb 15 2005, 12:38 PM)
I'm not sure I understand your concern, I wish now that I had kept my drift boat when I moved back home.

I hear ya.

The drifter is great when floating from one access to another, but anchoring one in anything over 3 generators is very dangerous. It just swings too much. We were hoping to concentrate our efforts in the water above the State Park. If we were to float from the dam to the Park, we'd float for 10 minutes and motor back up for 45. dry.gif They just don't motor for shit in that current

I guess I'll keep an eye on the flows. We still have 1 1 /2 weeks

#43 trout traveler

trout traveler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:39 PM

Well i'm sitting here watching OLN with fly fishing America with the show about the White River.Can we say start packing.1 week to go........

tt
[/QUOTE]
Deep in the heart of every man is a longing to live as God designed.
Nowere is the freedom to do that more possible than in the wilderness and beauty of God'screations.
Fly rod in hand fish on.
URL: http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/

#44 flyfishenvy

flyfishenvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:22 AM

i watched that too. made me wish even more i could go with you guys

#45 Sippy

Sippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:29 PM

The countdown has begun! wink.gif Don't be shocked if a stowaway's head pops out when the boat cover is peeled back! Have fun guys!
You can spend a fortune on premium feathers and it doesn't mean you'll tie a perfect fly. It just means you have the materials from a good looking chicken.