Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Might b dumb ??, buttt..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Po0gs

Po0gs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:12 PM

What fish are in the connecticut river in the Springfield area, Holyoke Area, you know around there, what fish are there, and is it possible to get them on a fly, if not Spinnings always fun, I been doing it for 7 years, why just stop? anyways. any help is greatly appreciated

~Po0gS~

#2 MIKE*A

MIKE*A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:24 PM

Holyoke! wow! that brings back memories.....I was born there (43 years ago), moved away shortly thereafter and then back again when i was 9 and stayed a few years then......I loved it there! I remember fishing the conecticut for shad back then.........don't recall anything else.......unfortunately, thats no help to you....
sorry........

Mike

#3 Po0gs

Po0gs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (MIKE*A @ Jan 20 2005, 09:24 PM)
Holyoke! wow! that brings back memories.....I was born there (43 years ago), moved away shortly thereafter and then back again when i was 9 and stayed a few years then......I loved it there! I remember fishing the conecticut for shad back then.........don't recall anything else.......unfortunately, thats no help to you....
sorry........

Mike

NO problem, my Dad was born there to, hes around ur age, little older, prolly went to High School with you dunno.gif , JK mate, at least some1s familair with the area wink.gif

#4 MIKE*A

MIKE*A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:33 PM

I lived on Westover AFB, went to Bellamy JH and then half a year at Chicopee Comp., before moving. My brother and i used to ride our bikes out to the base lake by the gofl course.....had a ball fishing there, you name it, we caught it out of there. I stopped by there this summer for the first time in about 30 years on my way back home from boston. It's really changed, the lake looked awful.....brought back a lot of great memories though......

#5 Po0gs

Po0gs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (MIKE*A @ Jan 20 2005, 09:33 PM)
I lived on Westover AFB, went to Bellamy JH and then half a year at Chicopee Comp., before moving. My brother and i used to ride our bikes out to the base lake by the gofl course.....had a ball fishing there, you name it, we caught it out of there. I stopped by there this summer for the first time in about 30 years on my way back home from boston. It's really changed, the lake looked awful.....brought back a lot of great memories though......

Funny thing is my dad is retired AF, and acess is easy to the lake, my cousins go to Comp atm, biggrin.gif
Do you knwo any rivers in that area?

#6 MIKE*A

MIKE*A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 09:45 PM

I got introduced to flyfishing on the Swift river......also fished the deerfield and there was one other, but the name of it escapes me now......used to fish Quabbin res. a bit as well.....that place was tremendous!

#7 Po0gs

Po0gs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (MIKE*A @ Jan 20 2005, 09:44 PM)
I got introduced to flyfishing on the Swift river......also fished the deerfield and there was one other, but the name of it escapes me now......used to fish Quabbin res. a bit as well.....that place was tremendous!

Could it be the Westfield. I hear you wanted some BoSox tix. I went up there last year and saw the 10.000 HR hit, also the 9.999 and the 10.001

Feway is a very nice ballpark, seat arent friendly, but youll have a blast, here I am 15 tellign you about it, im sure youve been to many games in your day

#8 MIKE*A

MIKE*A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:07 PM

It was the Westfield...........I was able to get my hands on some tix this past summer when I was up there(the concierge @S. Station)..........took my 11 year old son. He's a big baseball fan, it was his 1st trip to Fenway........I've been there a few times, my 1st being in 1975. Great stadium! it was a lot of fun.

#9 Mr. Jingles

Mr. Jingles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:59 AM

Yeah, I've been looking for some spots in massachusetts...Probably some of them up your way. I posted in here maybe a month ago, and Dfix was kind enough to help me, so search that post. I plan on trying all of them when there isn't 3 friggin feet of snow on the ground. I'm 16 and reside in North Attleboro, we should hit up some places, as I don't know anyone besides my father who is even remotely interested in fy fishing.

Cheers

Mr. Jingles

#10 Po0gs

Po0gs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Jingles @ Jan 25 2005, 08:58 AM)
Yeah, I've been looking for some spots in massachusetts...Probably some of them up your way. I posted in here maybe a month ago, and Dfix was kind enough to help me, so search that post. I plan on trying all of them when there isn't 3 friggin feet of snow on the ground. I'm 16 and reside in North Attleboro, we should hit up some places, as I don't know anyone besides my father who is even remotely interested in fy fishing.

Cheers

Mr. Jingles

heh, I live in NJ, i go down the often, Ill c whats up man, i would love to hit up the deerfield