Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Ky Fly Fishing Gathering

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 redneckshadrap

redneckshadrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:02 PM

I know we have folks on this board form all over the world. It'd be impossible for some to get to Ky, but we are thinking(fellows on the Creek Bank) about getting something together for the Cumberland River in June some times.
Would like to ask some folks with good trout experience to attend. We don't have a lot of experience for fishing these waters for trout, but it hold some good ones.
This location also is in the area for some remote forest streams as well.
Just looking for feed back, nothing's definte yet...

Billy

Billy Elkins
-founder-
TheCreekBank.com

#2 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:19 PM

I was just talking to Hubbard the other day how we need to get down to the Cumberland......sounds like fun.

test

#3 redneckshadrap

redneckshadrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:50 PM

The only problem with Cland can be the generation schedules. If we get a lot of rain and the lake is full, they won't hesitate to open them up and pull the lake.

Billy

Billy Elkins
-founder-
TheCreekBank.com

#4 ArkieFlyGuy

ArkieFlyGuy

It just doesn't get and better than Kenny G.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:04 PM

That's a common "problem" associated with ANY tailwater fishing. And a risk most of us take anytime we head for one of those rivers. How are the "remote forest streams" affected by this generation?

What part of Kentucky are you talking in particular? I would consider it and I know a few guys here that wouldn't mind a trip over that way.
TIGHT LINES, YA'LL!!!

Arkie Fly Guy's NEW AND IMPROVED website...

I'm not a fly fisherman.... But I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!!!!....

#5 redneckshadrap

redneckshadrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:18 PM

Generation is not a factor n these mountain streams. Now the critters maybe.

Location is Southern Ky around the Corbin, SOmerset, Jamestown, and Monticello areas.

Billy

Billy Elkins
-founder-
TheCreekBank.com

#6 flymaster

flymaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 06:58 AM

What is your location in ref to Virginia? I live in the tip end of Va. About 1.5 hours from KY. I would love to find a new tailwater. I don't know much about KY so fill me in.

FM
CPR Catch-Photo-Release!

#7 KevinP

KevinP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:28 PM

I live in Ky and have been thinking about trying the Cumberland and could probably make any dates you set. Haven't fished it before but i have fished several streams in the area before. Beautiful country in them parts.

#8 redneckshadrap

redneckshadrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:25 AM

Fellows,
It's definitely going to be in June. We're thinking about camping at Conley Bottom on Lake Cumberland. That would put folks close to the Wolf Creek Dam and the Big South Fork above the Cumberland falls as well.

Will post some more info soon.
Billy Elkins
-founder-
TheCreekBank.com