Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Vancouver Fly Fishing Opportunities?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pujic

Pujic

Browns? Where?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:47 AM

Hi guys,

I'll be heading to Vancouver / Cloverdale next week for the Fly Fishing Symposium (18th - 20th) put on by Fly Fishing Events Canada. Although I've wanted to for a long time, I've never been out West before and was wondering if it would be worth taking a few rods with me or not. I will be on a pretty limited timeline so if anyone knows of any opportunities in the immediate area, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks so much in advance,

Nick

Canadian Fly Fisher - Canada's Leading Fly Fishing Magazine
http://www.canflyfish.com

#2 Duffin Boy

Duffin Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:26 PM

Hey Nick,
Try this board at FishBC
FishBC
They were helpful when I went out.
With all the rain etc. you will want up-to-date info.
If you are in Vancouver, don't miss the Canadian Sportfishing Museum on Granville Island. It is well worth the time. ( short watertaxi ride across the channel, right downtown.)
besides the largest private collection of Hardy reels etc, it has drawers and drawers of flies by some pretty famous tyers and walls of rods etc.
Have a good trip!
Cheers
Duff
My Biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead)
will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

-- Koos Brandt