Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fly Fishing Lodge Directory

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:02 PM

Just wanted to announce that I am currently working on a new feature for FTF; a fly fishing lodge directory. It's nothing more than a simple directory that showcases lodges from around the world which could help you when researching a destination. As with all directories it is a work in progress and I only have about 30 listings from a few locations. So if you have stayed in a fishing lodge or know of one in your area let me know so I can add it to the directory.

Fly Fishing Lodge

test

#2 Sippy

Sippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:31 PM

In regards to the Maine lodges, we stayed at the Libby camps in an outpost camp and had a blast. VERY, VERY remote and the scenery was fantastic. We checked in at the main camp, in addition to enjoying a fantastic dinner there one evening. Matt and Ellen Libby were wonderful hosts.
You can spend a fortune on premium feathers and it doesn't mean you'll tie a perfect fly. It just means you have the materials from a good looking chicken.

#3 nedbm3

nedbm3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:23 PM

The PA lodges are great. Big Moores is just a few miles from my camp. There is tons of great fishing in the area. I also have a friend whose uncle owns a farm in the area by the Spruce Creek Lodge. Pres. Carter has fished on his land with him many times and this strech sees very little pressure at all because it is private land. This summer a few of us are going out there. I will have to see for myself how great this place is. Hopefully, I will do good.
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

http://groups.yahoo....aniaflyfishing/

#4 Kodiak Commando

Kodiak Commando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:59 PM

Will you include tent camps and float trips which are less expensive less luxurious alternatives?

Here is a list of my favorite lodges and tent camps

Jakes nushagak salmon camp
Willow Creek Resort
Rainbow bend outfitters

I wish my first words when i was born were quote so right before I died I could say unqoute-stepen wright

#5 salmosalar

salmosalar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:04 PM

You can add this nice little lodge on the Miramichi

www.miramichiriverlodge.com

Jacques

#6 nightfish

nightfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:15 AM

Will this be a member interactive feature like the hatch charts, or do you just want suggestions of places to look up? I can add a few in Utah, or give you the info via email.

#7 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:33 AM

This will be more of a static thing so you can send any suggestions to my email [email protected]

Thanks

test