Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fishing vacation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 salmonslayer

salmonslayer

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:44 AM

I need your help. I 'm from oregon and would like to take a vacation in B.C. I would like to go to a place that has great fishing. I have a wife and one daughter that would like to fish on a lake and fish for Kokanee. I would like to Fish with a fly rod for trout on lakes and streams. I have a drift boat with an electric motor. I will take a vacation in july or august. What flies will I need and how much will it cost for a fishing license? Any other information would be Appieciated.
Thank you Larry

#2 Mark Sokolowski

Mark Sokolowski

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:58 PM

Hi Larry
The Elk river in south east BC has great fly fishing for cutts and bulls, there is also the wigwam and ST mary's. The fees this year I believe for non residents of the province will be a daily fee this is a new change that will be in effect April 1. Contact the Elk River Angler in Fernie BC for info on lisence fees. Dry fly patterns in the fernie area would be green drakes,golden stones, pmd's and hoppers in August, streamers I like are zonkers,kiwi muddlers, leech patterns they work great on lakes as well and chironimidsare effective on lakes. I hope this helps, think about Alberta great fly fishing as well, e-mail if you need more info.
Tight Lines
Mark