Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Anyone game to a Muskegon Outing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:09 AM

Well, I finally got confirmation on my seasonal campsite. headbang.gif

Just wondering if any of you are interested in an outing during the prime months? May, especially early in month provide the opportunity for the occasional drop-back steelhead and nymph fishing for the abundant trout. June is prime time for taking advantage of the Grey Drakes. The hatch lasts several weeks and usually peaks around the middle of the month.

Major Holidays such as Memorial Weekend are usually booked a year in advance and securing a campsite difficult at best, not to mention the traffic on the river. dry.gif
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#2 Fishigan

Fishigan

Is that a chick?...Yesss..NOOO!!....Yesss!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 11:25 AM

I'm game. I planned on hitting that a few times this year anyway.

#3 Dornug

Dornug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 01:27 PM

You know I'll be up there but I don't know my weekends right now for an outing.
Fly fishing is like sex. The first time is never like you thought it would be, but you never forget it. You get better with experience. You think about it alot. You do it when ever you can until you die. You always have fun no matter what.
....JStarbrite....

#4 flyfishenvy

flyfishenvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 02:40 PM

i'll be up there. i think the only weekend out of those i have something planned is the first weekend in june for my annual all night fishing trip to raise funds for our church's youth camp.

#5 johnnyquest

johnnyquest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 09:31 PM

Ill be there for sure. Might even have to bring the flyrod.... with about 4 spinning rods, LOL As long as I have some advance notice it shouldn't be a problem getting the weekend off. I might even have to talk Ray into coming down, although the flyfishing thing may not suit him very much....LOL

#6 Airhead

Airhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 11:18 AM

You know I'll be around if Kris doesn't have other plans. Gotta fish around her plans in the summer!
Life happens!

#7 trout traveler

trout traveler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 09:31 PM

Just say the when and i should be able to make it.I might even come up with something to say.

tt
[/QUOTE]
Deep in the heart of every man is a longing to live as God designed.
Nowere is the freedom to do that more possible than in the wilderness and beauty of God'screations.
Fly rod in hand fish on.
URL: http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/

#8 sherman

sherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 07:37 AM

I planning to head up that way in May as well. I'll be bringing the wife and kids so I'm sort of playing it by ear waiting on some warmer weather.