Fly Tying

Hatches Magazine: Chris Helm Interview

Sam(harleyhunter) arranged an interview with Chris Helm and we allowed the members to ask Mr. Helm some questions.

Thanks Sam and thanks to Chris for agreeing to do the interview!

Chris Helm Interview

IPB Image

I love hearing from guys who've been in the game for a while and are successful. That's the kind of knowledge you usually have to pay for! Thanks Will!

I had the good fortune to place an order from Mr. Helm a few months back. Along with my order I got a nice patch of his natural deer hair, and a solid thirty minute tutorial over the phone (We talked about every concept discussed in the interview regarding deer hair tying). People like him are what make the fly tying, and fly fishing community as great as it is.

i just love hearing what pro tyers and fishers have to say. thanks will for spreading the article around

Ihave done bussiness with Mr. Helms awhile and he has been very helpful to me. I can tell him what I'm tying and he will suggest things for me. He will take time with you no matter how skilled your are, he makes you feel at home- you will want to tye when he gets through with you. Dry, soft hackle, nymph,anything he knows. DEER HAIR he is the best. I can,t tell you how great he has been to me but if you don't call him you don,t know what you are missing. His prices are in line with anybody and his quality will be better than most. HE CAN HELP YOU- TRY HIM.

John D. Owens

This is a great article, so I'm going to bump it so some of you who missed it can take a gander.