Fly Tying
Druce

fibers from mylar

:blink: anyone ever use the sparkley fibers from the inside of mylar tubing? i use it in dubbing mixes sometimes to add in some longer fibers but what about streamers? anyone? hait waisting the stuff if it has a good use.

Druce :headbang:

yeah some small stuff i have had that but this other new stuff has plastic like fibers very fine and clear.

/me runs to inspect his mylar! Damn, just rope, no bonus sparkle *sigh* sounds good tho! Oh now i better tie a fly.

Depends on where it comes from what the interior material is.

I use it as a zelon sustitute, even though it isn't zelon and it is coarser. I haven't been able to dye it with regular dyes yet, . . . give me time, but it takes marking pens pretty good.

/me runs to inspect his mylar! Damn, just rope, no bonus sparkle *sigh* sounds good tho! Oh now i better tie a fly.

beat you too it:)

hahaha you did, great minds! /me is eyeing off that broom in the closet again for more beetles :D

I have been using it in place of zlon for years, I have some that was died gray (came that way inside of black mylar tubbing.) I also have a little that is a light yellow. Makes good wing posts on parachutes. Every time I would find mylar tubbing in sale, I would buy it just for the core. I have a lot more mylar tubbing than I need.

LOL i was just trying to tie that exact thing :P

Mine sucks tho, was using micro stretch tubing, and just dubbing from a dispenser, they can go in the reject tin until i figure this out. Weird i even tried dubbing onto the stretch tubing which seemed to work pretty well. Ran out of thread too!

Absolutely! I might be brave enough to take a photo or two tomorrow, just looking at his scuds, they are excellent, just wondering what the material for that leggy look is besides the dubbing?