Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dreamcaster4639

bug / spider?

post-22591-0-33935100-1315335688_thumb.jpgI found this little guy on my porch swing. It is about a 1/4" long. It has 6 legs it's black and has orange markings on top, also the whole top is spickey looking. :huh: I have been online and in a couple bug books no luck yet. Maybe somebody out there knows. I do think bluegills would eat it up. Thanks for looking

post-22591-0-33935100-1315335688_thumb.jpgI found this little guy on my porch swing. It is about a 1/4" long. It has 6 legs it's black and has orange markings on top, also the whole top is spickey looking. :huh: I have been online and in a couple bug books no luck yet. Maybe somebody out there knows. I do think bluegills would eat it up. Thanks for looking

It looks like a Larva of a multicoloured Asian Lady beetle, they are considered a benificial species. Good for your plants and garden.

It looks like a Larva of a multicoloured Asian Lady beetle, they are considered a benificial species. Good for your plants and garden.

Those r the ones that resemble a lady bug right :)

I think it looks like a velvet spider

Im sorry to say it but that aint no spider it needs one last set of legs to make that group.

Ladybug larva...definitely.

I seem to remember reading in an old pre 1970 book that ladybirds as we call them in UK are sour tasting to fish and not eaten. Not sure if thats the case. Anyone seen fish taking them? I've certainly seen the water with them on blown in from farmland but never seen a rise.

I have caught a lot of fish on small orange beetle patterns that look like ladybugs. Since the fish can't see em, I don't put spots on the top, but they look like ladybugs from underwater. The work really well under overhanging vegetation and trees.