Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dflanagan

Hello from Missouri

Hi, everyone.

I've been lurking for a while and just recently started posting. Figured it would be a good time to introduce myself. I live in northwest Missouri and have been fishing for as long as I can remember, always with conventional tackle. Started fly fishing and tying this summer. Fishing has never been as much fun.

I fish and will be tying mostly for largemouth bass but I've been playing with the trout in a local urban stocking program pond in town. I'm looking forward to chasing carp when the weather finally warms up again.

Thanks for all the great work on the site. I've learned so much already and look forward to more.

Cheers,
David

Flanagan..... welcome to the 'site'.

Carp.... is there any Mulberry trees along the stretch of stream or river or lake that you fish? Tie mulberry flies if so. When they start changing color... fish the mixed color wine red purplish color... then the purple and black sort... you should have some success.

BCT

dflanagan, whereabouts in NW Missouri? I was born and raised in Mexico (MO) myself; same general area. As a matter of fact, I just arrived back from a visit there a few hours ago (I'm transplanted to Michigan since 1997). :)

Anyway welcome aboard! This forum is home to some really great people.

Looking forward to seeing some of the waters you fish, the fish you pull out of them and the flies you catch them on!

Bryon

Thanks for the welcome, everybody.

Bryon, I'm up north of Kansas City. Been out near Mexico a few times. Nice part of the state.

David,

Welcome from another David from Missouri. I live in Mexico,Mo like Bryon although I am originally from Fulton ,MO.

Dave

Welcome David! I live in Blue Springs, about 10 minutes away from Blue Springs Lake and Lake Jacomo. Lots of bass in Jacomo and lots of carp in Blue Springs Lake. Also tons of gar.

Welcome David . Glad to have you aboard. I have a close friend that lives near Gallatin he tells me the bass fishin is pretty good up in that part of the Show me state

This part is for Byron Anderson,I live in Auxvasse and went to Davis Hart technical school in Mexico when I was in high school. By the way do you fish the fall salmon run in Michigan? I have been up to the Pierre Marquette near Baldwin a few years back and had a blast!!

Tight lines and drag free drifts always,

Tubebiggrin.png biggrin.png

Cheers, uncletube. Glad to see some more folks from MO here. Yeah, largemouth bass fishing is pretty good up north. But the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence; I dream about south Missouri smallies. :D

dflanagan I hate to stir the pot but, a friend of mine is camping on the Niangua right outside of Bennett spring state park and texted me that he caught two very nice bronze backs and several dinks this morning. On clouser minnows. Just up river from where the spring runs into the river.

Tube