Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave G.

Cortland 333+ fly line

I think the last 333 i bought had an HT designation in the suffix but now I see at Amazon a 333 with the + suffix. Now I assume this could mean anything from a plus weight to extra slick or extra tough coating. But does anyone here really know what that designation stands for ? I don't seem to be finding out much about it in any searches I've conducted.

Cortland 333+ Fly Line
The 333+ has been re-engineered for today's modern faster action fly rods and features a longer belly to load rods more quickly and carry more line in the air Comes in Gecko Green.

Cortland 333+ Fly Line

The 333+ has been re-engineered for today's modern faster action fly rods and features a longer belly to load rods more quickly and carry more line in the air Comes in Gecko Green.

Well there is Classic Trout 333 and it said that at Cortland's web site about that, I thought. And they didn't seem to list the + designation at the Cortland web site. I saw 333+ at Amazon.

Dave, I believe that the 333+ is discontinued and has been replaced with Classic Trout/All Purpose. Sounds like the same line with a new name for marketing.

Dave, I believe that the 333+ is discontinued and has been replaced with Classic Trout/All Purpose. Sounds like the same line with a new name for marketing.

Thanks, and I think you are correct.

Anybody know the quality of the Classic Trout/All Purpose? I remember the Cortland 333+ was a very serviceable line.

Ya, pretty much I'm searching out if this 333+ or the new iteration there of is really improved over the old 333HT lines I have, and in what way. They always have been a tough and durable skinned line with decent performance. The 444 used to be one up in suppleness when casting but the skin wasn't as tough, don't know about these days with the new ( to me) 333 lines. I think 444 used to be more forgiving in cold water as well . But even with 444 it looks like they have several versions today.

But it's been a long time since I bought new line. I could use a new 3 wt line and I have no clue where my 7 wt line got off to, so I need one of those as well.