Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Bing Lempke Tying Flies - Video

Gren Drake Bings Hopper Extended body flies fly body extender Cyril ‘Bing’ Lempke

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bhstoddard

bhstoddard

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:03 PM

Greetings all,

I came across some videos Cyril ‘Bing’ Lempke (1917 – 1991) and I recorded of him tying flies in the late 80's. I am in the process of digitizing, editing and uploading to Youtube.com, videos for how Bing ties the Green Drake and Bing's Hopper. Although the quality is a bit rough, shot on VHS, most folks should be able to get a few tips and tricks from his demonstration. His demonstrations include using his extended body fly invention that he is know far and wide for when tying the extended body flies.

Here is the first of several I'm uploading on the Green Drake. https://youtu.be/US9un0WIAl0 

Coming soon, Bing's Hopper and How to use Bing's Fly Body Extender.

Cheers.

Brad Stoddard

#2 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:16 PM

I met Bing one time.  If I remember he brought in a fly reel for some repairs.  He was a nice fellow, and we talked a little about his fly tying.  I built my own extended body rig similar to his. and did make a few flies using his techiques.  Never tried to go a small as he did, but they did work.  

"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#3 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,529 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:54 PM

Looks like you might be on the wrong side of copyright  laws, or your link is not valid.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis