Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Where are you located?

It sounds as if this forum has it's roots in the Michigan-Indiana border area, is that correct? I am curious because I was born near Watervliet, Mich 65 years ago this Sunday and grew up near Elkhart, Ind so I have some roots there also. I was born with the Midwest Spiny Ray Gene and it is still alive and well! Ive

I'm from the Cincinnati, OH area but spend most of my time fly fishing the Indiana Smallmouth streams about 1 1/2 hr drive away.

Admin:

Really, you fish in the Indiana area! Finally someone that I can talk to about this area (other then the local fly fishing shop guy). I live in Windsor, Ontario; but work out of Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm trying to find some spots in Northern Indiana/Southern Michigan for trout fishing. Do any of them exist? If so, what ties do you recommend.

Any info is much appreciated!

Kris

(p.s. I'm orignally from New Brunswick, home of the Miramichi River. I'm just a relocatee, and trying to find some local places to fish!)

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I mainly fly fish the SW Indiana Smallmouth streams and there are maybe one or two trout streams in the South but I have heard alot about N Indiana Trout and found a link that you might be interested.

Here's the link: http://www.midwesttroutfishing.com/indiana...orthEastern.asp

As far as fly selection goes I really wouldn't know because I'm not much of a trout fisherman myself, but would love to get into one day!

South Central PA, home of the Susquehanna River and multiple fine tributaries! There is a lot of good smallie fishing within 10 to 20 minutes of my door. Not a lot of great trout water, though. That requires a drive. I prefer the smallies anyway.

i now live in mid coast maine i was born and raised in the calais area of washington countymaine kdunnett might know were that is as he lived next door in new brunswick canada

calvin kidder biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Margate, NJ. I'm on the same island as Atlantic City (about 3 miles north of me), so all of my fishing is for saltwater stuff. There's nothing like seeing your backing scream away from you when a good size fish gets on the line. tongue.gif

I got a real appreciation for you saltwater guys. I went to the NC coast a while back and tried some fly fishing and it is tough! ohmy.gif I'd love to spend a little time up in your area in search of those big 'ol stripers that I hear so much about.

Central Wis.- I fly fish smallies right across the street from my house on the Wis. River. Also many small trout streams in the central sands area of Wis, some are just a few minutes away.

Guest cmillion

I live on the Oregon Coast.

Fish for trout in the small lakes around here and head inland a few miles to fish for Smallies on the main Umpqua(some of you might have heard about the North Umpqua, the holy of all holy water for Summer Steelhead).

Massachusetts, right on the coast, so I've got different places I can go, when I have time. Plenty of fresh sites at my back when I'm looking at salt. I hear interesting reports about the Susquehanna from a fellow I know down that way; sounds like it's a neat fishery.