Fly Tying

My tube fly. I am using treble hook on it. It is tied on a plastic drinking straw. which are free. buying the commercial plastic tubing is expensive and most case don't have stock . Drinking straw got so many sizes, this is the smallest I could find. I am hopping to hook spanish mackerel with it. In fact I ever caught some spanish mackerel with a very simple fly. This time I upgrade the fly look. The reason for treble hook is that spanish mackerel have sharp teeth. if it never work,I have to go back to my old fly pattern. But getting the material is very difficult now. The material is taken from shoes lace. I can't find that color now. I order some from china, but the material softnest is different and it never work.

303a1jo.jpg
s5ust5.jpg

Talking about mackeral, I remember some trip to Sarawak east Malaysia. It was hard fight. I join so many trip. look at the catch.

novme8.jpg

What you call this fish in english? it is called Chermin in malay. Chermin means mirror in malay.

34yw8zq.jpg

You can also use the tube from a ear cleaning cotton tip!

oh good idea but the drinking straw is free and harder thus stronger.

The diamond trevally were caught on a 12lb line. I over heard those boat man conversation in chinese . So I load 12lb line on my reel.