Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Maine Woods

2 replies to this topic

#1 KaseyMarsters

KaseyMarsters

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

Hey all.

I'm from Maine. Some of my favorite and oldest memories are of fishing. I love taking my boys fishing - there's nothing like seeing their face when they have a fish on and then when it's been landed.

My wife and I run an outdoor education & survival school for kids FoxTrickAdventures.com and we teach kids fly tying, fire skills, map & compass, guide hikes, cooking, navigation, stove craft etc etc - I'm a Maine Guide. If you're interested in helping support our cause please PM me for more info. Thanks!

Anyhow - Looking to improve my fly tying and figured this is probably a great resource.

Thanks!

Best,

Kasey Marsters

FoxTrickAdventures.com

"Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Ian Maclaren

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,563 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

Welcome to the site, Kasey.

Nice website ... I hope you get some good responses and perhaps, some assistance when needed.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 KaseyMarsters

KaseyMarsters

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:27 AM

Thanks Mike! And thank you for your service (as a marine).

We love what we do - it's a privilege. Kids are in a world of trouble and they will be running this place really soon. Any assistance would be an honor.

The Presumpscot River near me has been a lot of fun this spring to fish and I've been tying just simple patterns the Brookies have been taking. Olive green squirrel zonkers & UV cactus chenille buggers. But I'd like to get better at dries and the little things that require patience and a little more "inner cussing".

Attached a recent catch.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0830.JPG

Best,

Kasey Marsters

FoxTrickAdventures.com

"Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Ian Maclaren

Reply to this topic