Fly Tying
McFlyLures

Custom rod by midwest

I think the correct term here is untubing... smile.png

It looks great. Congrats!

HAHA, yes... Untubing.. But that would be too close to sounding like I'm closing down my channel... "un-youtubeing.." HAHA

Nice Job, Steve! Really like the measurement wraps too. Simple touch and very useful!

Yeah he did an amazing job! Cant wait till I can get my next rod built with him! HAHA

Congrats on your purchase McFly smile.png

Stevo makes excellent gear ...It was good to see you land a nice little Bow too....thanks for sharing , Tight lines and screaming reels

Regards Retro smile.png

Enjoy it, it's a beautiful rod for sure ! The $30,000,000 question, does it cast and handle fish as you expected it to ?

Enjoy it, it's a beautiful rod for sure ! The $30,000,000 question, does it cast and handle fish as you expected it to ?

Yes, yes it does. I was able to roll cast (what I will be doing 90% of the time with it) further than my 5wt! It handled that 16" rainbow with ease... litterallt no trouble bringing him in. The action is perfect. Light enough tip to keep fish on with small midges, and heavy enough backbone for more leverage.

Yes, yes it does. I was able to roll cast (what I will be doing 90% of the time with it) further than my 5wt! It handled that 16" rainbow with ease... litterallt no trouble bringing him in. The action is perfect. Light enough tip to keep fish on with small midges, and heavy enough backbone for more leverage.

Are you casting a 3 or a 4 wt line with it ? I know you said in the video it was DT line but I didn't hear the weight.

Are you casting a 3 or a 4 wt line with it ? I know you said in the video it was DT line but I didn't hear the weight.

4wt

This rod is awesome! Just landed a 17-18" fat rainbow on it with a size 24 midge at the San Juan River. If you guys ever watch my fishing video's you know I don't do this usually. I always have had trouble with landing fish on such small midges. Thanks so much Steve!

This rod is awesome! Just landed a 17-18" fat rainbow on it with a size 24 midge at the San Juan River. If you guys ever watch my fishing video's you know I don't do this usually. I always have had trouble with landing fish on such small midges. Thanks so much Steve!

Congrats :)