Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peddler

Handy and cheap vice gizmo

I got a hint from watching Enrico Pugliesi tie at a show in Charlotte several years ago.

He puts a small piece of the hook side of Velcro on his base. I used the adhesive backed Velcro to attach it.

You would not believe how handy this thing is for holding small amounts of fur or hair and for combing out small hair flies when finished.

It's dirt cheap and very handy!

That actually sounds like a good idea, I may have to try it, it would keep mu dubbing from blowing away when my fan is running. Thanks for the tip.

Ashby

I glied a small peice to a sliver of wood and use it for a little brush, to comb out wool and dubbinf. I was aslo thinking this stuff would make a great thing to hold display flies.

I bought a 3 foot section of velcro, cut it into two sections, glued the hook side to my file cabinet, and I cut little half inch strips of the fluffy side and put it on my materials as I get them. Use it mainly for my chenilles and bags of hooks (I also bought small ziplock bags and a labeler). I put the fluffy side on my materials because that's the side that usually wears out (I think/I hope).

Sign in to follow this