Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
polock

THE GREATEST TIMELY TIP OF ALL

lock the wife out of the house so you can enjoy piece and quiet without hearing nagging about spending too much time fishing and tying flies. lol only be prepared to be armed with a bat or venomous spiked club when you unlock the door cause this has a tendicy to make them quite angry :) :ph34r:

I will have to remember that one when I get a wife. The current prospect I think I would have to have a tranquilizer gun handy because if I did that I know a bat would not keep me from getting my butt kicked.

Must be doing something wrong here, mine offers to lock and bar the door. :hyst:

I think the advice I got that I should have listened to was... are you sure you really want to start tying flies? Here it is... off and on tying for 30 years and I'd still like to find that guy in the fly shop that didn't push hard enough to get me out the door without buying anything the first day. :wallbash:

Mike

That is great advice, when I DO let her back in, it will be the same understanding. I wear the pants in the family (never mind the fact that she picks them out and irons them) and I always get the last word in "yes dear." I aint no dummy, mine is a 5ft 4in 100 pound Italian, trust me, when she gets pissed, she grows to three times that :hyst: I still try to talk big though :headbang:

Ashby

Ashby... that sounds like my daughter-in-law. She's 4'11" and all of 90 pounds. My son says it's 4'11" and 90 pounds of pure mean. He's 6'3" and he's another one to get the last words in. Either yes dear or I'm sorry dear. I have a soon to be 3 year old grandson that is afraid of one thing in life. He acts up and all my son has to say is here comes mama and the boy goes into hiding.

Mike

:hyst: sounds like your daughter in law and my wife came from the same side of the road. Probably a good thing though, no telling what kind of shape I would be in without her.

Ashby

Sign in to follow this