Fly Tying
FeatherandFly

Jungle Cock Cape

I am looking for a Jungle Cock Cape, I would rather purchase from a US seller instead of United Kingdom, most of what I have seen on Ebay is United kingdom. Any suggestions?

I've used AO Feathers for blue eared pheasant tail and got a really nice set, after having difficulty with larger retailers. He gets nice looking jc capes in here and there for a good price, though at the moment his website doesn't have any. Best to call or email him - Aaron Mosto

mailto:[email protected] or call

503-954-6334,

Going to have a very hard time beating the overseas sellers on Ebay. None of the domestic resellers I've seen have even come close in terms of price. Most of the capes I've seen in fly shops are presentation quality, and very expensive, where as the Ebay sellers provide affordable fishing quality capes. As long as you work with a seller with a reputation, not sure what the difference is.

What are the legal obstacles to importing jungle cock?

I have passed on several opportunities when the murkiness of the situation became off putting.

Rocco

Feathersmc.com If you email or call John M. He may have some laying around.All of his stuff is top notch quality for a good price.Worth looking into.

Bears Den has them generally speaking, talk with Scott. They don't keep them out on the floor with the general inventory but he has them in a drawer by his desk/work station.. My wife got me a nice mid grade JC from there for my birthday last year, best B-day present I ever got I think. Very few splits and she said it actually looked nicer than some of the top grade more expensive ones..