Fly Tying
vicrider

Last Santa thread of the year...

Since the threads get so long let's use this one to wrap the season. First of all, Merry Christmas...HO HO HO

Now, for those who wish to thank another let's do it here. If you can post pics, great. A sad note in that I see a couple of people not listed as having received. If this is so please PM and I'll make it right by you. Our out of country people...I hope we don't have to go fight PO but I still bear hope.

For me, a big thank you to Joseph Sylvia for a wonderful leather works fly wallet. He did this as an extra for me plus had one to go to a lucky member. I did not keep any other of the boxes though temptation was great but for those who look at pics and say, I didn't do those flies, or I think there's a couple missing, Santa took license to both pilfer and add, take a few here, add a few there, and a lot of flies of my own so everyone hopefully has flies that will work for him and plenty to use. The flies in the leather wallet are either mine, a few from you, and some from old swaps. This will go on the mantle when I fill other side.

DSC01668 (2).JPG DSC01669 (2).JPG

Vicrider,

Thanks for hosting such a great swap.

PS I have changed my I'd from jmckaughan to

Woodenlegs

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

post-60363-0-56147800-1482667105_thumb.jpg

post-60363-0-62037700-1482667127_thumb.jpg

Thank you Vicente. My flies are very cool and much appreciated! Merry Christmas everyone and may this be a great Holiday Season!

A huge thanks to Vicrider for hosting. This was my second swap, and I really enjoy seeing everyone's flies.

Rick, you did an awesome job on this panfish set! Lots of new patterns that I have never fished and very cleanly tied. Thanks so much for participating.

Add147, great job as well. Some interesting patterns in here. I certainly don't tie enough dark patterns and this jewel-eyed black thing should be a fish catcher, along with the rest.

Thanks to all involved and Merry Christmas.

post-59266-0-34470000-1482674036_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-13282500-1482674753_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-22160700-1482674771_thumb.jpg

Big thanks to Jolly Red for a great set, very beautiful flies. I'll post a pic later when I get the chance. Thanks again for hosting vicrider

Thank you Kudu for an awesome set of flies. Will take more pictures later but here is a teaser. Can't wait for spring to roll around so I can give those stealth bombers a work out.

post-59987-0-82083200-1482684288_thumb.jpg

Vicrider; Thank you for hosting this and all of your work. This was my first swap and when I opened the package from Wetsock my reaction was "WOW" what a fantastic set of flies. All of the pictures I took came out blurry so will have to attach pictures later.

atxdiscgolfer, you are one of the swappers I did not have crossed off. Good to know yours were there even if you didn't let me know (or I missed it).

dadofmolly, its hard to take pics that aren't blurry when you're hands are shaking in anticipation of using those flies in a few months.

I should add that I did appreciate all the little side gifts I got from members (Joe's a little above and beyond). I won't list them separately since I couldn't remember anyway but I coffee, leaders, flies, and some other sundry items. Kudu, you now have me ordering Baxter Somerset coffee. You're right. Best yet.

For whoever got mine I apologize for not sending a better fly box than an altoids can, I guess I am a creature of habit. Did tie extras though, the patterns were various patterns from Drew Chicones books for redfish along with some bonefish flies, etc....

Great box Wmw4 they should all do well here.

Kudu glad you liked your box, let me know how that spook works if you fish it it was my first attempt.

That spook was one of the flies that ALMOST didn't make it past Santa's workshop. Had to keep the elves from stealing that one. Very nice tie.