Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hopper Dropper Swapper

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 djd3mon

djd3mon

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

I sent mine off yesterday.

#32 michaelray

michaelray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the updates, guys. I'll update the list as I receive them. 

Instagram: @oakmanorflyfishing, @mountainbayou

http://www.mountainbayou.com

#33 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

Sorry for the slow shipment Michael. Had 'em done for awhile but just yours and some others packaged and labeled today and off tomorrow. I am no good at hoppers so for the indicator fly (bobber) I did a foam bodied dry fly in orange foam and white deer hair that should stand out good and float either of the two droppers I put in. There's a Sawyer bug with the yarn of choice today and a bead head Teeny Nymph type. Even the float fly might get eaten once in a while by a trout with cataracts.

#34 DavidHE

DavidHE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:04 AM

Finally made it to the post office today. Flies have been done for a couple of weeks. Thanks for hosting michaelray, I enjoyed tying these flies.

#35 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:57 AM

Michael,

I Mailed my flies this morning, should be there in a few days. Thanks for hosting. 

Michael(pica)

#36 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

michaelray,

I will be getting mine in the mail tomorrow with 3 day priority mail they might be a day late.  I tied a simple green foam hopper and some orange color midges.  I hope the foam flies don't look to bad!!!!  Thanks for hosting the swap I am curious to see what comes out of this one! 

#37 branden_fritzemeier_67

branden_fritzemeier_67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

For anyone that wanted to know, I tied chubby chernobyls and a lightning bug variation

#38 michaelray

michaelray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

Sounds good fellas. I've received 4 so far, and updated. 

#39 michaelray

michaelray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

I have received everyone's except Vicrider's which should be here any time. Djd3mon misunderstood and thought the rules called for only one of each tied by each person, so he had to drop unfortunately.

#40 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:36 PM

Okay, now I'm worried. I knew I was cutting it close but thought I would beat the deadline. I'm going to go look for something.

Ah Ha. I'm getting better about saving routing #s. According to the tracking # it should have been in your mailbox on 7/13. Don't know what to tell ya'. 

#41 michaelray

michaelray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:48 PM

Okay, now I'm worried. I knew I was cutting it close but thought I would beat the deadline. I'm going to go look for something.

Ah Ha. I'm getting better about saving routing #s. According to the tracking # it should have been in your mailbox on 7/13. Don't know what to tell ya'. 

Okay, Nick, I got your flies today. They ended up being sent to my old address which I'm not at anymore. Luckily, my grandma is living there now so she brought 'em by today. I'll get everything swapped and sent out tomorrow!

Sorry for the delay everyone!

#42 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, I hang my head in shame. I have the address on the flies MichaelRay sends for the monthly swap but never checked to see if was updated in my "trout book". Hate being the one to hold up a swap even if my intentions were good.

#43 michaelray

michaelray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

No worries Nick! It happens. 

All the flies have been swapped and sent out. There were a few extras, so I just distributed them at random.

Thanks again, everyone tied some great patterns and I'm looking forward to fishing them in a few weeks!

#44 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

Got my flies in the mail today. Very nice job by everyone. I'm thinking there are some good combos here to take advantage of hopper and bug season right now.

Thanx to all and our host especially.

#45 Triple_B

Triple_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

Got mine in the mail today, great looking bunch of flies and what a great idea for a swap. Thanks Michael for hosting.