Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hopper Dropper Swapper

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 michaelray

michaelray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:04 PM

After waiting on usps I finally got the flies back from the swap, they look great everybody!! Thanks again Mike for letting me be apart of it and can't wait to do some more swaps

No worries dude, thanks for being a part of it! 

Instagram: @oakmanorflyfishing, @mountainbayou

http://www.mountainbayou.com

#62 michaelray

michaelray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:05 PM

Vicrider and Add147, you guys are lucky! I haven't fished the White or Little Red since I moved away from Arkansas a couple years ago... Have fun fellas!

Instagram: @oakmanorflyfishing, @mountainbayou

http://www.mountainbayou.com

#63 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

Just to let you guys know I landed a 26" brown on one of the hoppers from this swap... if I knew who's tie it was I'd send them off a gift.clapping.gif

#64 DavidHE

DavidHE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:19 PM

Where's a picture of the fish?! Preferably with the fly in mouth! I'm glad you caught such a great fish with a fly from this swap, whoever's it was.

#65 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

Great catch Pica. Since I had a high floating dry fly I know it wasn't mine but someone sure is happy his fly produced one like that.

#66 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:06 AM

Nope no picture, just had a minute after work, it was blowing close to 30mph and was close to 90f and the big fish were attacking hoppers. The fly is now hanging proudly in an alder above the stream  about 15ft up, did I mention it was windy? . It was the tan/uv Chernobyl style hopper with the big white wing. No idea who tied it wish I'd kept track anyway thanks again for the great swap guys.

Cheers.

Michael 

#67 DavidHE

DavidHE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

Would this be the one? If so, tied by branden_fritzemeier_67.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#68 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

That's it. Let me know your address Branden I'll send you a bonus fly gift. There was a second similar fly that I broke off on another monster.  My biggest fish in 10 years. I noticed today that the butt section of my south bend 290 has a delamination in it from landing the thing. The fish was under a big undercut bank in a 6ft deep gin clear slough/ spring creek run that I refer to as the impossible creek. I have caught two fish there in the 7 times I fished it this year. But every time I go I see big fish rising this was just a perfect day. 

#69 branden_fritzemeier_67

branden_fritzemeier_67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

Hey Pica, glad my fly worked out for ya! I sent you a PM