Look through any collection of dry fly or wet fly patterns for trout, and about 90% of what you see are mayfly, stone fly and caddis fly patterns. The rest, by and large, are your standard terrestrials: ants, beetles, hoppers. However, we all know that there are LOTS of other insects that trout (or bass, or grayling, or any other fish that eats insects) will happily slurp down, so I propose a swap dedicated to these unsung heroes of the bug world.
Tiers will submit any insect- or arachnid-imitating pattern of their choice, so long as it is NOT a mayfly, stone fly or caddis fly, and also NOT an ant, beetle, or hopper. Dragonflies, moths, spiders, cicadas, katydids, praying mantis, butterflies (hey, it could happen!)--if it has six or eight legs and could conceivably fall into the water and become fish food, it's fair game.
Standard swap rules apply: toe tags with pattern name and your screen name, reusable container, return postage enclosed. International swappers are welcome! I do have a Paypal account which can be used to send return postage, although other forms (except cash) are acceptable as well.
Let's shoot for 12 Swappers (not including the SM), so everyone will tie 12 flies.
And, since we're all busy fishing when we can, let's set a very do-able DUE DATE OF AUGUST 31, 2015.
I will send a PM to all participants once the list is finalized.
First 12 with "I'm in" are in!
SM - Bryon Anderson - Fathead Moth
1. Flytire - Caterpillar - RECEIVED
2. Dubs - Zombie Fly - RECEIVED
3. Henrik Thomsen - Wasp RECEIVED
4. Add147 - Cicada - RECEIVED
5. Vicrider - Moth +1 pattern TBD RECEIVED
6. Joseph Russell - RECEIVED
7. FishingBobNelson - Black Laced McGinty RECEIVED
8. Ihang10- Centipede - RECEIVED
9. Eugward - Stealth Bomber - RECEIVED
10.Fshng2 - moth - RECEIVED
11. Pica - Spruce Moth RECEIVED
12. Professori - adult Damsel Fly
SWAP IS FULL! DUE DATE 8/31/15