Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Unsung Bug Swap

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76 Dubs

Dubs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

Got em! Great stuff all around

#77 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

A swarm of creepy, crawley, buggy bugs just landed on my tying desk!  What a great collection, wonderful tying by everyone.  Bryon, thanks for hosting this was a great idea for a swap.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#78 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:32 AM

I got mine yesterday and these are a awesome looking flies!  Thanks Byron for hosting and thanks for everyone else for participating in this GREAT swap. 

#79 ihang10

ihang10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:37 PM

Arrived today, well done and thanks everyone.

#80 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Yep, mine here today. Interesting and very fishable collection of ideas put to hook. Thanx to all and SM for hosting.

#81 Henrik Thomsen (DK)

Henrik Thomsen (DK)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

Flies received. Some very nice ideas on some of them.

extern_banner.png

#82 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

Boy when the guy in Denmark gets his flies before you do you have to wonder....is the mail service to MT really that slow ,or perhaps they fell off the truck?

#83 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

I want to apologize to everyone for this swap getting so screwed up. I know you all got your flies late due to a decision that I made. I also lost a couple of the return envelopes and that (in conjunction with some other stuff that was out of my control, but still) caused one set to go out very late (see above).

A man has to know his limitations. I am taking this mess as a sign that it's time to let others host the swaps from now on, and that is what I plan to do.

Thanks again to all for participating.

Bryon

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#84 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

Awww don't let a small screw up from stopping you from hosting any swaps my opinion! Did the sun not rise today? Of course it did! Everyone makes a mistake!!!! That's just my 2 cents worth.

#85 mikechell

mikechell

I'm Mr Freezemieser I'm Mr Snow!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,090 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:28 PM

Speaking of which, Add ... how's your swap going?  (I don't mean to hijack this thread ... )

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#86 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

Bryon,

I for one think you did a fine job managing this somewhat chaotic swap. Don't be too hard on yourself, things happen. Thanks again for hosting, a very creative idea and I look forward to seeing other folks flies. No problem on the slow delivery.

Regards

Michael