Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Brook Trout Favorites Swap

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#16 jd1983

jd1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

Got everybody in that has signed up so far.  Looks like a great set of flies shaping up.

#17 branden_fritzemeier_67

branden_fritzemeier_67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:14 PM

I will be tying a fly called 3 dollar dip.

#18 flyfishingdom

flyfishingdom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

I'll join if there is still room. I'll tie a local Driftless area attraction nymph call the "Pink Squirrel".

#19 jd1983

jd1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

Down to our last spot for the swap!

#20 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

flyfishingdom, I know people from the driftless area that would chase you with burning torches for releasing the Pink Squirrel to the world. Now there's going to be trout in many states succombing to the almost magical powers of the Pink Squirrel in all it's glory. Some people say it's close to using live bait for the attractive powers it presents to the trout and when trout who have never seen it before some might be injured trying to beat the one to the bait. Of course, the biggest trout in the stream will normally push the smaller 16" out of the way to get at the Squirrel so throwing back a bunch of little fish under 20" is seldom a problem.

And I am just spoofing ya' but it is sure popular in that part of the country and haven't heard much about it anywhere else for some reason. Should catch fish anywhere though. 

#21 DavidHE

DavidHE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:48 PM

I'll take the last spot. In California most of the brookies are at high elevation, so I'll tie a black ant . 

#22 jfinn

jfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

I'll join if there is still room. I'll tie a local Driftless area attraction nymph call the "Pink Squirrel".

That was my best fly last season and so far this season I only got one trout in early season with it. The purple haze has been my Driftless master this season.

#23 flyfishingdom

flyfishingdom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

Vicrider, that is just too funny. Lol. I had to get a bigger net when I discovered the pink squirrel!!! I will occasionally use other flies, but only after I clean out all the 20 inchers with the squirrel. Haha

#24 jfinn

jfinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Hopefully you have a enough materials to tie them. It isn't easy to come across the pink squirrel.

pink squirell.PNG

#25 flyfishingdom

flyfishingdom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

Hopefully you have a enough materials to tie them. It isn't easy to come across the pink squirrel.

attachicon.gifpink squirell.PNG

haha. Spray paint and sharpies....

#26 jd1983

jd1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:56 PM

Sorry I haven't said much lately. I went from camping with my kids to a vacation in Charleston and just haven't spent much time online. In fact, I'm currently sitting on a fishing pier in the cove between Mt Pleasant and Sullivan's Island trying to add some blue crabs to our catch before we head out.

#27 jd1983

jd1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

Everyone should have gotten a PM with my shipping address. Let me know if you don't get it.

#28 jd1983

jd1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

Everyone should have gotten a PM with my shipping address. Let me know if you don't get it.

#29 netabrookie

netabrookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

I don't have it.

.....You can never have too many olive woolly buggers.........

.... IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED..........RELOAD......

#30 flyfishingdom

flyfishingdom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:26 PM

I didn't receive it either...