Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Brook Trout Favorites Swap

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91 jd1983

jd1983

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

So, who is interested in keeping our swap going for a little bit by collectively catching 1 brookie on each of the flies tied? That might be easier to do than one person going alone (though I am still going to try). If you catch a brookie with on of the flies, get a photo showing the fly in the fish's mouth and post it up. What do you all say?

#92 green

green

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

I'll give it a try.

#93 green

green

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

Got my flies today.

#94 Tyme Keeper

Tyme Keeper

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

I received mine yesterday, really great looking stuff!

#95 flyfishingdom

flyfishingdom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

I got my flies in today! They all look great in person. Probably one of the best swaps I've been in yet as far as quality goes. I'll hopefully be out for a few hours on Saturday, so if I catch some, I'll post some pics.

#96 flyfishingdom

flyfishingdom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

I wasn't able to get out last weekend due to weather. Did anyone else try these flies? I'm excited to fish them but it may not be for a couple weeks now...

#97 kennebec12

kennebec12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

I caught a few fish including a couple on flies from this swap (by a few I mean I hardly caught a 1/10 of what I might normally get)... Last weeks heat wave combined with heavy rains last Friday did a number on the fishing. The Kennebec was to rough to safely wade, I did go up to my knees without getting knocked off my feet but only caught 1 fish, and the smaller rivers were right up in the grass and the water quality was pretty low. Biggest brookie of the weekend was caught by my buddy, 9 1/2 in. on a yellow stimulator that I had tied, I caught some small one's on jd's yellow stimulator and vicrider's coachmen. Was a very slow weekend. Maybe Labor Day will be better.

#98 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

Here is a picture of a nice rainbow caught by my great nephew with the Swapmiester's Yellow Stimulator.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN1624.jpg

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob