Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

***Halloween Swap - Scary Spiders***

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#106 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

No, add ... I am joking about my reason for not participating.

In truth, I tie for my fishing.  Tying is secondary to fishing.  I don't have boxes of flies with rows and rows of the same fly.  I carry 4 to 6 of each pattern and I only own two boxes with all my flies in them.

Tying a production run of flies (even if it's only 12) well, it's just not what I do.  So, 

Thank you for this swap.  It was fun, but it proved to me that I am not a "swapper".  I'm not totally out. If I see a swap come up for some pattern that I AM interested in, I'll join.

But it's not something I'll be doing every month or so.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#107 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:54 PM

Wife reported, tonight, that my spiders are waiting for me at home.  The package arrived.  

Thanks again for hosting, Add.  I hope you continue to get better and stronger than ever.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#108 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:12 PM

Good deal!  I am glad that they made it to the Sunshine State...