Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Steelhead Time

steelhead flies only

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 branden_fritzemeier_67

branden_fritzemeier_67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

I'll go ahead and do the jumbo john nymph

#32 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

First set arrived two great looking flies from vicrider.  Thanks for the extras

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#33 Bruce Derington

Bruce Derington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

Need addy

Bruce Derington

#34 branden_fritzemeier_67

branden_fritzemeier_67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:44 AM

Is it ok if i switch to a green butt skunk or a variant?

#35 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

Is it ok if i switch to a green butt skunk or a variant?

Absolutely

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#36 RogueFlies

RogueFlies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:37 AM

With my schedule just about to get crazy and I just finished an order is there a way I could change my tie as well? I can pump out some awesome new egg sucking leaches I've been tinkering with and are a blast to tie, let me know if that's alright Bob.

v=YB0/2pi

#37 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

With my schedule just about to get crazy and I just finished an order is there a way I could change my tie as well? I can pump out some awesome new egg sucking leaches I've been tinkering with and are a blast to tie, let me know if that's alright Bob.

No problem.

Fishing Bob

#38 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

Got Horseshoes great looking flies Saturday.  Two down, ten to go.

Fishing Bob

#39 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

I wouldn't be so anxious to see these flies if I wasn't interested in what Sharon calls a "Grease Liner".

#40 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:42 PM

I will get mine in as soon as I can. Hold on to mine because we are moving. If your ready to ship before we move let me know. I will pm you the new address.

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#41 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

I will get mine in as soon as I can. Hold on to mine because we are moving. If your ready to ship before we move let me know. I will pm you the new address.

Kevin

After last time, I will check before mailing cool.png 

Fishing Bob

#42 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:22 PM

Some great Steelhead Hummers from Bruce Derington arrived today. 

Fishing Bob

#43 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

I hope you all enjoy this swap.  If possible Fishing Bob, could you please post some pics of the set.  I am quite fascinated by the flies you guys and girls tie for steelhead.

Dave Little
Club President, North Queensland Fly Fishers Inc.
www.nqflyfishers.com

#44 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

Some very nice Rusty Rats arrived today from rstout.  This is starting to look like a great Steelie fly box!

Fishing Bob

#45 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:09 AM

My flies are on there way to Calli.

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.