Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

High Country Swap

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:12 PM

Got a great set of flies today. They're all looking good guys, but as always there's one that stands out to a person and to me this bunch it's stills Yellow Humpy. I only wish I could tie one that delicate and perfect. Great job to all and having that one stand out doesn't take anything away for this bunch for sure.

#77 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:48 PM

Received my set of flies this morning, a great looking bunch of flies. Thanks to all, I cant wait to try them out come spring. I have to agree with vic that humpy is superbly tied stilis, something to aspire to.  

#78 stilis

stilis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:59 AM

Thank you very much for the compliments.  I am indeed blushing.  You guys made my day.

Received my set of flies this morning, a great looking bunch of flies. Thanks to all, I cant wait to try them out come spring. I have to agree with vic that humpy is superbly tied stilis, something to aspire to.  

Got a great set of flies today. They're all looking good guys, but as always there's one that stands out to a person and to me this bunch it's stills Yellow Humpy. I only wish I could tie one that delicate and perfect. Great job to all and having that one stand out doesn't take anything away for this bunch for sure.

#79 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

Don't let it go to your head. First decent bluegill that grabbed it tore it apart.biggrin.png biggrin.png

Nah, just kidding. Great job.

#80 JacksonK

JacksonK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:43 AM

Haven't received mine yet. I've had some problems with mail delivery lately and I'm hoping these didn't fall victim as well. Sounds like a good mix of flies. Crossing my fingers.

Flyfishing and tying in Colorado currently. Give me a follow on instagram @jackson__jk for more. 

#81 tyler94

tyler94

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:52 PM

That's the worst, the post office has messed up a few of my packages in the past few weeks as well. Have they showed up yet?

#82 JacksonK

JacksonK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:25 PM

Never came. Oh well. Still glad to be a part of it.

Flyfishing and tying in Colorado currently. Give me a follow on instagram @jackson__jk for more. 

#83 carpflyguy

carpflyguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:11 PM

Sorry to hear that Jackson, especially as your flies were well tied. Participate in some more swaps and hope your mail system gets figured out soon

#84 JacksonK

JacksonK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

I appreciate the compliment. I have had things show up a week or more after they were supposed to so I'm not giving up total hope yet.