Fly Tying
vicrider

October Monthly flies...think orange

Since the swap is sliding further and further back in the month I better get this posted so we make sure everyone is on same page. The theme for this month is anything with orange in it. Partridge and orange would be a nice one, as would a Virginia Wullf. Any theme you'd like to tie as long as orange is predominant in color pattern. I did a weave pattern myself with orange and yellow embroidery threads. Looks fishable but would look good stuck on my hat.

Vicrider..................ready

1. Add147..............received

2. Joseph Russell..received

3. Jolly Red............received

4. J-Kno.................received

5. Crackleback.......received

6. Michael Ray.......received

7 .Breambuster......received

8. djtrout................received

9. Netabrookie.......received

10. border collies...received

11. kennebec12.....received

12. artimus001

And in today's mail was a cool little panfish fly by Jolly Red. It is an interesting two color design that I haven't seen before. You'll see what I mean when you get these later.

Jolly Red, do have any weight under those?

These are meant to be slow sinkers, so they are unweighted. They are called "Humbugs", and i found the pattern on the "Warm Water Fly Tyier" site.

By the way, I should mention. Part of the reason they suggest not running two swaps at the same time. I held back Border Collies from last month's sendout because I thought he was in Herl and Floss Swap. He wasn't. I'll include them in the October flies.

Vicrider, I plan on mailing my flies in the morning. They have been ready for a while but that annoying work thing kept getting in the way of my trip to the post office. Since kennebec12 is working on stimulators and I tied stimulators also you will have a couple different sets coming in. I also tied some soft hackles but I didn't tie any more Virginia Wulffs.

Netabrookie has come through with great double set for everyone and some great extras. Others should be in soon, RIGHT?

Yep. Postage is printed, I missed the Post Office this morning since my little down does whatever they want I guess, but they'll be in the mail first thing Monday. Hopefully I don't hold anyone up!

Crackleback, funny how great minds think alike. (yeah...right) Anyway, kicking around tying a second fly to go with my Great Pumpkin woven flies I tied an orange tag, peacock collared soft hackle last night. Since you already have a set coming that would probably put mine to shame I'll pass on second fly or look for something else to do.

I have an order of steelhead flies to finish up tonight, but if I have time, I have another pattern I might tie up as well.