Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

3 month fill-in for monthly swap needed

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

We seem to have lost a tyer and a couple had asked for last opening. If someone still wants in it would be for Oct. Nov. and Dec.

The flies needed are ...

October...Let's have something orange in this pattern. Otherwise wide open to type and species sought

Nov...Animal fur...Deer...Elk...Squirrel...Rabbit...Let's see where our imagination takes us

Dec...Your favorite fly for your favorite species

Filling this spot will give you a preferential choice of participation for next year's Monthly Swap.

#2 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

did u get someone to fill in?

whats the deadline for october flies?

Most fishermen use the double haul to throw their casting mistakes further - Lefty Kreh

#3 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

flytire, no one has spoken up. A couple of people showed interest some time ago but not this time so if you want it it's yours and would make everyone in the swap happy. The deadlines has grown more and more flexible as year progresses to the point where pretty much isn't one. By end of month or as soon as possible into new month. The ones left are listed and all three designs are open except for material called for in next two. Something orange, something furry, and your favorite of any style or material would be great.

Nick

#4 artimus001

artimus001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

i'll do it :)

i'm the ghetto fly guy; enjoying the sport of kings, on a pauper's budget

if you have something to say, you'd better bring your own soapbox

i'm older than dirt, but younger than the universe

#5 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:48 PM

artie can take it

Most fishermen use the double haul to throw their casting mistakes further - Lefty Kreh

#6 artimus001

artimus001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:12 PM

artie can take it

thanx :)

i'm the ghetto fly guy; enjoying the sport of kings, on a pauper's budget

if you have something to say, you'd better bring your own soapbox

i'm older than dirt, but younger than the universe

#7 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:32 PM

You're in. Thanx for stepping in flytire but nice of you to pass on someone who seems excited about it.

#8 IgotWood

IgotWood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

I am brand new here. Any chance I can get in on this for a few months?

#9 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

Sorry IGW, spot filled. You are welcome to join in the Christmas Swap though, just read all instructions carefully on that. They differ from a regular swap. There will be more swaps coming up regular this winter so keep an eye out for them and sign up.

NIck

#10 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:52 PM

Sorry IGW, spot filled. You are welcome to join in the Christmas Swap though, just read all instructions carefully on that. They differ from a regular swap. There will be more swaps coming up regular this winter so keep an eye out for them and sign up.

NIck