Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

June is Cahill swap time

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:41 PM

For sure I saw it.  The small fly is tiny I almost missed it!  Two flies of the same pattern.  I think the larger one was an 18? and the small one has to be a 26.  They are awesome!  Thank you again!

#77 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:59 PM

FishingBobNelson................I threw your envelope on my lawn covered in taco sauce as requested. In the morning it was gone...............

I hope you used the salsa verde this time, the red scares the fish.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#78 jburge

jburge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:31 PM

Received a sweet set of flies in yesterday's mail (only checked it today). Some mighty fine tying in this group! Thanks to all tiers and big thanks to troutguy for another great swap!

#79 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:06 AM

Yep, this is as nice as a set of flies a could ever hope to pick out of bins at any fly shop. Quality and diversity throughout. Thanks troutguy for a great swap.

#80 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

A guy in a pickup with a lawn mower in the back delivered a combo plate and a salsa coated package on my door step last night.  Tacos were a little soggy but the enchilada was fine.  The flies had that SC hot pepper odor, but it may work as a fish attractant.......

Anyway thanks for hosting and thanks to all the tyers for some great looking flies!

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob