Fly Tying
Poopdeck

Show us your vessel

The weather temp forecast is going down and a wet snow, rain and ice mix is predicted on Friday so I put up my boats for the winter. I have three, a 1968 13' Boston whaler, a 1991 tin Starcraft and my newest boat a 1992 wooldridge. This time of year pains me with it being to cold for a boat ride but not cold enough for ice fishing. So until march my boat is covered and prepped for the freeze.

I would very much like to see what others venture out on the water with be it a tube, kayak, canoe, tin or fiberglass. So show us what you float around in. Here's my wooldridge while I look for pictures of the others. I'm not a big picture person so this may be a task for me.

post-48414-0-58004800-1512444606_thumb.jpeg

xsvHhM.jpg

Too cold and dark outside right now to go out and snap a pic so here's one from a few years ago of mine. It's what I do all my warm water fly fishing out of during the summer at the cabin. 1990 Pro Craft Fishhunter 180. 18'6" with 115hp Mariner outboard.

I SHOULD have finished winterizing it at least a month ago but I've been so busy the past few weeks I still have to get out there and do it hopefully this weekend. Supposed to drop down to highs in the 30's this weekend though so that's not gonna be a fun job but it has to be done.

Looks comfortable, Flytire !!! A little ... unstable ... for those big hook sets, but comfortable.

I thought I had some pictures of my boat on this laptop ... but no.

I'll try to get some next weekend, if I get out on the water.

Hopefully I did this correctly........Its been a few years since I posted with an attached photo.....I finally broke down and purchased my new vessel this past Summer....Its a North Star Phoenix solo canoe designed for Wilderness river tripping made of kevlar with Fiberglass reinforcement in the high impact areas (better abrasion resistance than kevlar) with a red gelcoat finish.......I spent the Summer paddling the local rivers/lakes with my flyrod getting used to it.....

Mike

post-217-0-08902200-1512482264_thumb.jpeg

laugh.png Flats ... We ARE the warm ones, banned or not !!!

On the negative side, highs this weekend are only supposed to reach 60. That's too cold for me !!!

I won't bother with the weather report, but I fish from this:

A Nucanoe Frontier 12 Kayak. Custom made seat platform.

post-12074-0-12512400-1512511626_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-61243300-1512511666_thumb.jpg

post-12074-0-90505700-1512511685_thumb.jpg