Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

New (to me) wheels!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

17 going on 40

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

Bought my first truck yesterday! A Red 2003 Toyota Tacoma with a camper top. Its got some maintenance things that need taking care of, but runs and drives great. Its in nearly perfect condition inside and out (even though it has over 360k miles on it). They wanted $4995 but I drove away in it for $3600. Looking forward to many memories, and lots of fish and snakes with this baby!

9CEFE4B3-A586-4E41-87F2-462957FAA5F1.jpeg
<p>"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous"

Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"

Tenkara is only for little fish!                                                                     </p>

#2 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

Congrats!
cb27

#3 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,494 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

Nice!  That's a good looking truck.

Start looking for a replacement engine.  You might not need it, but with that many miles on it, it'll be good to know whether they're available or not.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:04 PM

Awesome!Congrats buddy!
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#5 rstaight

rstaight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:39 PM

Nice!  That's a good looking truck.
Start looking for a replacement engine.  You might not need it, but with that many miles on it, it'll be good to know whether they're available or not.

As long as it as had regular oil changes and doesn't use an excessive amount it should be fine.

One thing the Japanese auto manufacturers can do is build a reliable engine.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.  Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." - Patrick F. McManus

#6 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

Nice! Mike gives good advice. A well cared for motor has reached its max between 250 and 300K but some can go over 400K but that's rare and that's with lots of new parts. Water pumps, fuel pumps, starters, timing belts, AC units, heater cores, cooling system, this module, that sensor.......... everything attached to that motor has been replaced or needs to be replaced again. It's easier and cheaper to source a new motor then start replacing every part that will go tits up on it. Plenty of low mileage Tacos in junk yards with the rear ends smashed up. Tacos are popular trucks so you made a wise purchase. Enjoy!

#7 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

Way to go. Nice of wheels and it won't be long before it'll be known at every access on the coast. They'll say, "Yep, that boys out fishing again." Keep in mind the game wardens will also know it well from your travels.

#8 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

Nice & congrats.

#9 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,324 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:04 PM

First car is one you will always remember. Congrats!

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

Reply to this topic