Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Darwin Award nominee

16 replies to this topic

#16 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,480 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

Wife and I were discussing my last tetanus shot.  We remember what I'd done that required it ... but not how long ago.  Within ten years, which is the length of time we think it needs to be boosted.

On the other hand, this was a nearly new barrel, still had a little of the synthetic oil it came with.  No rusted parts, and the metal edges that cut me were brand new exposed metal.

I'm pretty sure I'm good.  If I start stiffening up, experiencing unusual spasms or getting lockjaw, then I'll know I was wrong. 

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#17 Peartree

Peartree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:59 PM

I was told 10 years was probably pushing it. If you decide to get one, Target pharmacy or even Wal-Mart are the most reasonable. The last one I got there was like $60.00, and you don't have to pay additional money for a Doctors office visit, where they charge twice as much for the shot plus the visit.

Reply to this topic