Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hurricane Florence

23 replies to this topic

#16 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,486 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:24 PM

Really, Pear?  You had tornadoes run through the Richmond area?

Do you know if any touched down near the airport in Sandston?  I hope my facility didn't get torn up.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#17 Powershooter

Powershooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:32 PM

Had quite a few here Mike . Didnt see anything about being close to the airport . We will know more tomorrow .
Bo Hamby

#18 Powershooter

Powershooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:54 PM

Look on nbc12.com for footage in our area .
Bo Hamby

#19 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,486 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:22 PM

Hey Bo.  I looked for maps and footage of actual touch downs ... but didn't find any.  I did see a report of a touch near Midlothian Ave. and Courthouse ... but that's West of Richmond.  So, I don't think, at this time, that "my" area got hit.

I hope you and yours fared well.

I hope all is well with you too, Peartree.

Barbed hooks rule!

#20 Peartree

Peartree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:01 PM

Had touchdowns in Midlothian and Rockville just west of Richmond, 1 known fatality in a building collapse, and lots of power outages. My brother watched one of the tornados go right over the building he works in.

#21 Powershooter

Powershooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:59 AM

We are safe . Glad to see your safe too peartree . I don't think the airport area was hit Mike . I did see on the news yesterday , someone on a plane landing at Richmond international , videoed a possible funnel cloud forming in the distance . We had rotational clouds pass over Ashland a few times but nothing formed that I know of . More reports of damage will come in today probably .
Bo Hamby

#22 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,486 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:56 AM

Thanks Bo.

At this time, I'm scheduled to be there from January 6th to February 1st.  As long as the facility stands, that should hold true.

Barbed hooks rule!

#23 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:43 PM

My daughter lives in Richmond in the museum district on the edge of the fan. She told me a tornado touched down in Chesterfield and then into Richmond through the fan. By the time it got to the fan she said it wasn't that bad but Chesterfield got the worst of it.

#24 Powershooter

Powershooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:41 AM

We had 6 confirmed tornadoes according to the news and yes , Chesterfield got the majority of the damage . We we're prepared for the hurricane to come , then it turned inland Carolina . Mondays storms caught us by surprise .
Bo Hamby

Reply to this topic