Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

where were you on 9/11/2001...

17 replies to this topic

#16 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:45 PM

I was at work 30 miles from Shankstown, PA, the crash site of the 4th plane.  There were a lot of fly overs of military jets, but little other information for a long time.  Our Internet was down that morning, and we were getting news second hand.  We knew something happened, but at first we didn't know exactly what.  Was some time  before we could gather all the details.  

I still remember where I was when John Kennedy was shot, but not when Ronald Reagan was shot.    

"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#17 Rocco

Rocco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:02 PM

" We all have different definitions of freedom and democracy, and they are all right, for each of us". 

To me, this is PC nonsense that misses the point of 9/11 entirely.

There is no definition of freedom and democracy that encompasses the ideology and religious totalitarianism that brought together the perps of 9/11 and their current day ilk. We have to expunge from the language and our minds the reality of radical Islamic extremism" to even open the door to that fundamentally erroneous precept.

Poverty and discrimination were hardly valid factors for those college educated professionals who took part then and still stear the movement from the shadows and lure kids into martyrdom as suicide terrorists.

Not looking evil in the eye and actively countering is nourishing it.

Rocco

#18 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:27 PM

Polygraph school in center city Philadelphia. When the 1st plane hit we stopped learning and watched TV. When the second plane hit they called for the immediate evac of downtown philly because some planes were unaccounted for and they thought center city might me a likely spot to crash another plane. When I got outside the streets were jammed pack and nothing was moving. I was going to dine and hang in downtown but they announced everything was closing down. I had to get my car out of the parking garage by 5 or it would be locked in. I sat in traffic for the next five hours to go about 10 blocks to I-95. This was the only time in my life a five hour traffic delay meant nothing.

Reply to this topic