Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

would you want....

14 replies to this topic

#1 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:10 AM

....to be a space tourist and fly around the moon?

https://www.engadget...-space-tourist/

i'm not leaving my recliner for a trip around the moon!smile.pngsmile.png

Most fishermen use the double haul to throw their casting mistakes further - Lefty Kreh

#2 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,486 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:16 AM

Yes !!!  YES !!!!

If I was single, I would spend my life's savings for a chance to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

No.

#4 CasualAngler

CasualAngler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:42 AM

Not without sufficient Training, adequate Ground Support, & the promise that nothing of mine will die & fall off as a result of GCR exposure during the trip. If those conditions are met, & there's an adequate supply of JAXA Space Ramen, then sign me up.

:P

JAXA_Space_food_Ramen_(Soy_sauce).jpg

#5 dadofmolly

dadofmolly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

Nope!   Still haven't seen everything on this ole green planet that I would like too.

#6 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Nope. As said, loads still here to see. Not convinced we ever got there as it is. All the effort being put in with all the modern tech and wealth makes me doubt the 60s claims more and more.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#7 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,321 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:55 PM

Nope. Although if I could ship a few other people out into space that would be nice biggrin.png

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#8 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:25 PM

Nope. As said, loads still here to see. Not convinced we ever got there as it is. All the effort being put in with all the modern tech and wealth makes me doubt the 60s claims more and more.

You think the government would lie to us?

#9 trs

trs

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:52 PM

Pretty sure there are no fish in space, and that no gravity thing seems like it would really complicate tying or casting. I guess I'll just stay home, besides the lack of gnats might cause some weird psychological problem.

#10 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,486 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:30 PM

... Not convinced we ever got there as it is. All the effort being put in with all the modern tech and wealth makes me doubt the 60s claims more and more.

ohmy.png Sorry ... I just can't believe people think the lunar landings were a hoax.  I am sure there are government cover-ups, but the Apollo program wasn't one of them.  rolleyes.gif

Barbed hooks rule!

#11 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:41 PM

It would be far easier to put a man on the moon then to pull off the hoax. I'm not spending good money to fly around an empty waste land.

#12 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,486 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:07 PM

Am I the only one who would like to go into space?  No sci-fi fans in here?  Going around the Moon would be fantastic.  Just going into orbit around Earth would be fantastic.  I hope one of those trips becomes reality and affordable before I'm too old to go.

Barbed hooks rule!

#13 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,321 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:09 PM

... Not convinced we ever got there as it is. All the effort being put in with all the modern tech and wealth makes me doubt the 60s claims more and more.

ohmy.png Sorry ... I just can't believe people think the lunar landings were a hoax.  I am sure there are government cover-ups, but the Apollo program wasn't one of them.  rolleyes.gif

I'm no expert on the subject but stuff like this always interests me a lot. I've watched a lot of the hoax/conspiracy shows and read an interesting book on it as well. I think the thing some people are calling a hoax is the timing more than the "if" we landed on the moon. Back in the 60's there was such a rush to try to outdo the Soviets because of the launch of Sputnik that some people suggest it was after 1969. I'm not saying I feel that way, but then again I'm not saying I believe everything our Gov tells us either lol ;)

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#14 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:03 AM

Astronaut, yes. Space tourist, no.
cb27

#15 FIN-ITE 34

FIN-ITE 34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:20 AM

Only if there is a chance of meeting up with the likes of an Aeryn Sun or Xev Bellringer while in space.

Reply to this topic